Thank you for your interest in the Middle School at NEST+m, a citywide gifted-and-talented school. Admissions to the Middle School is open to New York City residents applying for the 6th Grade only at this time. Please check this site for information about 7th grade admission after the 6th grade testing is completed. NEST+m does not accept new students into Eighth Grade. Please note that NEST+m is not part of any district application process, students must apply directly to NEST+m.
—Melissa Chen, Middle School Admissions
THE ADMISSION PROCESS
To Register for the NEST+m 6th Grade Entrance Exam click HERE.
Students are required to take the NEST+m 6th Grade Entrance Exam. Entrance Exam registration is on-line ONLY.
PLEASE NOTE: When you are registering for the Entrance Exam, please write down the time and date of the session you are registering for BEFORE submitting because there WILL BE NO CONFIRMATION to print or email. By registering for the NEST+m 6th Grade Entrance Exam, you are officially applying for NEST+m 6th Grade. There is no separate application to fill out, mail, or download.
6th GRADE ENTRANCE EXAM DATES:
NEST+m 6th Grade Entrance Exam for Fall 2014 Admissions:
1. Tuesday, February 4, 2014 Time: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
2. Thursday, February 6, 2014 Time: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
3. Saturday, February 8, 2014 Time: 8:30am – 9:30am
4. Saturday, February 8, 2014 Time: 10:30am – 11:30am
5. Saturday, February 8, 2014 Time: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
6. Wednesday, February 12, 2014 Time: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Testing Sessions for Students with Approved Testing Accommodations:
7. Saturday, February 8, 2014 Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm
8. Wednesday, February 12, 2014 Time: 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Students with Testing Accommodations Must Fax the Following Items:
Fax IEP/504 documents at least 5 days in advance of the test day.
Attention: Middle School Admissions
Admission to the Entrance Exam
When you register for the Entrance Exam on-line, please write down the time and date of the session you selected.
Please note that there WILL BE NO CONFIRMATION to print or by email.
Due to the volume of applicants, NEST+m will NOT be sending email or relay phone confirmations.
Day of Exam and What to Bring
On the day of the NEST+m 6th grade Entrance Exam, students MUST bring ONLY COPIES of the following documents and be certain to arrive on time as testing begins promptly at the indicated time.
Bring the Following Items:
- Copy of the 4th grade final report card.
- Copy of the most recent 5th grade report card.
- Copy of the Latest NYS ELA and Math scores report (If your child attends a private school, please submit the standardized test scores in Math and ELA your child took in 4th grade, i.e. ERB, ITBS)
- A self addressed and stamped (first class) envelope
- Two #2 pencils
In addition to taking the NEST+m 6th Grade Entrance Exam, applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Fourth Grade final report card with an average of 88 or above or levels 3 & 4 in English, Math, Social Studies, and Science
- Fourth Grade New York State Test: English Language Arts (Levels: 3–4)
- Fourth Grade New York State Test: Math (Levels: 3–4)
- Most recent 5th Grade report card
- Good attendance and punctuality in Lower School
6th Grade Acceptance Letters
The New York City Department of Education Middle School Enrollment Office determines the specific date in May.
2014-15 Orientation Day
Thursday, June 5, 2014 for the 2014-15 incoming (new) and rising 6th and incoming (new) 7th grade students and families.
2014-15 Summer Session Program: Details TBA