* We are the 10th Grade National Champions! Congratulations to Mubassar Uddin, Markus Pond, Jack Wen, and Teseo Torras. This team has been phenomenally successful in the last two years.
* 2nd Place in 3rd grade: Congratulations to Davis Zong, Charles Hua, Robert Shibata, Eric Tang, Jordan Leung, and Tejas Siddaramaiah. Special thanks to Gina Hsu who inspired her students with her support from afar.
* 3rd place in 7th grade: Congratulations to Maury Ahram, Pyke Turnbow, Tej Telymonde, Biko Smith, and Eliott Leinweber
* 4th place in 6th grade: Congratulations to Alex Harris, Aidan Ahram, Kayla Leung, Darren Jung, and Mario Tutuncu-Macias
* 4th place in 9th grade: Congratulations to Jacob Barayev, Steven Yurgel, and William Chin
* 5th place in 11th grade: Congratulations to Isaac Barayev, Anita Maksimiuk, and Elliot Witdorchic
We also fielded teams in the 1st and 8th grade sections, and had individual players participating in 2nd, 4th, and 5th grade.
Our next major tournaments are the City and State Championship events, in mid January and late February respectively. These will help us prepare for the end of year National Championships, in which students play in grade blocks (i.e, K-3, K-12, etc).
I want to put in a special word of thanks to Mr. Yusah and Ms. Mai. They were incredibly proactive, helpful chaperones who made it possible for me to devote my full attention to opening preparation and game analysis. As a result, we caught many players from other teams in our preparation. Mr. Yusah also stood in the tournament room and updated the last round 10th grade standings for me in "real-time", adjusting them every time a game ended. If one of our 10th graders had been offered a draw, this information would have allowed me to advise them on the best course of action.
Thank you again, and I hope to bring more good news from the City and State Championships!