A wide variety of after-school programs are available for NEST+m Lower and Middle School students through the After-3 program, including Strings, Robotics, Swimming, Drama, Chorus, Russian, plus much, much more.
Please click here to download the catalog for the 2012–13 school year.
To register for a class, please click here.
In addition to the activities run through After-3, several neighborhood programs offer classes that are popular with our students.
Off-campus Programs (pick up at NEST+m):
- Gilsports: A basic sports program for children from K–6, Gilsports picks up students from NEST+m on Friday afternoons and takes them by bus to playing fields and skating rinks around the city. 718-499-2093
- 14th Street Y: Offering after-school activities such as art, cooking, theater, and swimming, the 14th Street Y picks up students daily from NEST+m. 212-780-0800, ext 258.
- Henry Street Settlement: The Henry Street Settlement, located on the Lower East Side, just blocks from NEST+m, will pick up students and take them to their After Care at 301 Henry Street, which offers snacks, homework help, and various activities on all school days.
- Empire Children's Programs: Empire offers an afterschool program for children grades preK–6 at the Earth School, located at East 6th Street and Avenue B, and provides transportation from NEST+m. For the 2010 –11 school year, Empire will offer the following classes: Swimming, Printmaking, Sculpture, Soccer, and Music.
- Beyond Martial Arts: BMA, located just a few blocks away from NEST+m on Houston and Attorney Sts, picks up students (K to 8th grade) after school, and offers supervised homework time, a snack, and martial arts classes.
Off-campus Programs (parents must provide their own transportation):
The following are some of the after-school programs and classes that are nearby, but do not offer transportation from NEST+m.