To find out information about what's going sign-on often.
2014-15 SCHOOL YEAR
REGISTER FOR ADVANCE PLACEMENT EXAMS - REGISTRATION ENDS MARCH 12, 2015
STUDENT ATTENDANCE & LATENESS POLICY HERE
Science Lab Calendar (Middle & Upper School)
Student Bell Schedule (All Students)
A-B Calendar (Middle & Upper School)
DID YOU KNOW?
-NEST+m highlighted at the Achieves America Convening of World Leading Schools in Washington DC on 9/29/14
- First NEST+m graduate accepted at U Penn's Wharton School with full scholarship!
- NEST+m is the first and only public Gifted & Talented K–12 school in New York City
2013-14 NEST+m K-9 State and National Chess Champions: The 9th graders had an incredibly successful year, including the 9th grade National Championship,
the NY State K-9 Championship, and this 2nd place finish in the K-9 National Championship. Congratulations to all students competing!
- NEST+m now accepts students entering the 10th grade
- NEST+m is offering the following Advanced Placement courses in school year 2012–13:English Literature, English Language & Composition, European History,
US History, World History, Comparative Government, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, French Language, German, Latin,
Chinese Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics B, Environmental Science, Music Theory, Computer Science, Studio Art, Statistics, Psychology, Microeconomics,
- NEST+m now offers Robotics to Upper School students
- Technology begins in 3rd grade.
- Chess to K-2, 7th grade, and Upper School
- NEST+m has a K-12 Mandarin program
- 2012-13 two students are accepted early decision at Columbia University
- 2011-12 first student to be accepted early decision to MIT
- We offer Robotics to 7th graders
- NEST+m is a Physics First school.... the science sequence is Physics-Chemistry-Living Environment
- NEST+m has a full-time College Liaison
- NEST+m has a 97-100% graduation rate, and 100 percent of the graduates' next step is college
- 9th grade students are in single-gender physics classes
- All 10th graders take AP World History
- NEST+m currently offers five World Languages: French, German, Latin, Mandarin, and Spanish
- Students have an opportunity for international educational travel:
- They have traveled to Peru, Canada, China, Spain, France, and Germany
In 2013-14, they traveled to the Galapagos Islands during Mid-Winter Recess and Italy & Germany during the Spring Recess
We have three studio art rooms, a chess room and a room dedicated to theater & Literacy, three music rooms, a central courtyard, a basketball court on the south side of the school, two computer labs, and two science labs.