To find out information about what's going on at NEST+m, please download our most recent NEST+m Monthly News, below. You may also find out more about transportation to NEST+m, nutrition, our Parent Coordinator, COSA, the School Leadership Team, and the college office by clicking on the links in the menu at left.
2012-13 SCHOOL YEAR
2012-13 SPRING LAB MAKE-UP SCHEDULE
2012-13 A/B CALENDAR
2012-13 MIDDLE SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS
These supplies will not be provided by the Supplies-A-Breeze program
(please see Mr. Alfieri's letter sent to during the week of August 13)
- 6TH GRADE
- 7th GRADE
- 8TH GRADE
KINDERGARTEN WELCOME LETTER
DID YOU KNOW?
- NEST+m is the first public Gifted & Talented K–12 school in New York City
- NEST+m now accepts students entering the 10th grade
- NEST+m is offering the following Advanced Placement courses in school year 2012–13:English Literature, English Language & Composition, European History, US History, World History, Comparative Government, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, French Language, German, Latin, Chinese Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics B, Environmental Science, Music Theory, Computer Science, Studio Art, Statistics, Psychology, Microeconomics,
- NEST+m now offers Robotics to Upper School students
- Technology begins in 3rd grade.
- Chess to K-2, 7th grade, and Upper School
- NEST+m has a K-12 Mandarin program
- 2011-12 first student to be accepted early decision to MIT
- We offer Robotics to 7th graders
- NEST+m is a Physics First school.... the science sequence is Physics-Chemistry-Living Environment
- NEST+m has a full-time College Liaison
- NEST+m has a 97-100% graduation rate, and 100 percent of the graduates' next step is college
- All 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th grade students are in single-gender math and science classes, when possible
- All 10th graders take AP World History
- All 11th grade students will take AP US History beginning school year 2010–11
- NEST+m currently offers five World Languages: French, German, Latin, Mandarin, and Spanish
- Students have an opportunity for international educational travel:
•In 2008–09, students traveled to Peru and to Quebec.
•In 2009–10, students traveled to China
•In 2010-11, students traveled to Spain, France, and Germany
•In 2011-12, students traveled to France, and Germany
•In 2012-13, PROPOSED TRIPS are to the Galapagos Islands during Mid-Winter Recess and Italy & Germany during the Spring Recess
We have three studio art rooms, three dance rooms, three music rooms, a central courtyard, a basketball court on the south side of the school, two computer labs, and two science labs.