Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
Please join our K-12 Curriculum Night on Wednesday September 30th, 5pm to 8pm. On Curriculum Night families will visit classroom teachers following a modified program similar to the one that your child experiences each day. Curriculum Night will also feature a welcome presentation from (IA) Principal Mark Berkowitz.
Entering our School Building
- Families of Students in Grades K-8: Please enter our school through the courtyard where you will be greeted by Assistant Principals Brendan Alfieiri and Joshua Gold.
- Families of Students in Grades 9-12: Please enter our school through our Columbia Street entrance where you will be greeted by Assistant Principal Gregory Farrell.
Grades K-5 Classroom Visits
- Teachers of Grades K-5 will make two separate classroom presentations. Please attend the presentation that is right for you and your family.
Presentation 1: 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
Presentation 2: 6:45pm to 7:45pm.
Grades 6-12 Classroom Visits
- Teachers in Grades 6-12 will provide 18 minute presentations. Each presentation will feature an overview of that course’s curriculum while also allowing time for course-related Q&A.
Grades 6-12 Schedule
Period 1 – 5:00 pm – 5:18 pm
Period 2 – 5:23 pm – 5:41 pm
Period 3 – 5:46 pm – 6:04 pm
Period 4 – 6:09 pm – 6:27 pm
Period 5 – 6:32 pm – 6:50 pm
Period 6 – 6:55 pm – 7:13 pm
Period 7 – 7:18 pm – 7:36 pm
Period 8 – 7:41 pm – 8:00 pm
18 minute presentations with 5 minute passing time between sessions.
Auditorium Presentations with (IA) Principal Mark Berkowitz
Please join one of these four presentations so that you may hear highlights of our K-12 Curriculum including our whole-school Instructional Focus, our plan for K-2 Chess Instruction, the Introduction of 7th grade Advisory, and the value of continuing your child’s NEST+m education through 12th grade.
Auditorium Presentation 1: 5:20pm to 5:50pm
Auditorium Presentation 2: 6:00pm to 6:30pm
Auditorium Presentation 3: 6:40pm to 7:10pm
Auditorium Presentation 4: 7:20pm to 7:50pm
- Families of Students in Grades K-5: A Curriculum Night Classroom Directory will be posted so that you may easily find your student’s classroom.
- Families of Students in Grades 6-12: Given that teachers teach in multiple classrooms, please arrive with a copy of your child’s schedule including classroom locations.
- We are streamlining our electronic communication systems! We are in the process of helping students to create individual log-ins to “PupilPath.com” a comprehensive site for course-specific information and communication. Parents/Families: Your log-in to this system is essential as well. At Curriculum Night, K-5 teachers will provide information about PupilPath and how you can create your parental/family log-in. For Families in Grades 6-12, this information will be provided by your child’s Social Studies teacher.
- Please note that Curriculum Night is different from Parent-Teacher Conferences which will take place on November 19th (evening) and November 20th (afternoon). At Conferences, teachers are prepared to provide details related to your child’s content understandings and skills. At Curriculum Night, teachers will be talking about their courses and student experiences as a whole.
We look forward to seeing you at Curriculum Night!
New Explorations into Science, Technology + Math (NEST+m)
111 Columbia Street
New York, NY 10002