Dear NEST+M Students & Families,
Our Week Ahead:
· Monday: National Honor Society Induction Ceremony, Upper Grades.
· Monday: Performance by International Tchaikovsky Competition Winners, Grades K-5.
· Tuesday: School Leadership Team meeting in the Library, 4:00pm-6:00pm,
· Thursday: College Fair in the Cafeteria, 3:00pm
· Saturday: Fright Night in the Cafeteria, 3:00pm, Middle Grades Dance, 7:00pm.
Forthcoming Special Events:
· Tuesday November 3: Chancellor’s Conference Day. No School for Students.
· Thursday November 5: Clara Hemphill of InsideSchools will be visiting to tour and report on our school.
· November 10th: NEST+m Gala and Auction hosted by PTA
· November 11th: Veteran’s Day, No School
· November 16th-November 20th: Open School Week. Parents of current students are welcome to sit in on classes.
· November 19th: Evening Parent-Teacher Conferences
· November 20th: Afternoon Parent-Teacher Conferences
How are you feeling?
October can be a challenging month for students and adults alike. For 5th graders, 8th graders and 12th graders in particular, it is sometimes difficult to find balance in the midst of this busy season where academic responsibilities of the moment intersect with the need to complete assessments and applications for admission to middle school, high school or college.
We want to ensure that every student is seen, known and cared for. If you or your child have a particular concern, please reach out to your child’s teacher(s), guidance counselor or a member of our administrative team. We are here for you.
As you likely know, on time, daily attendance is essential for every student in our school. There is a direct correlation between student attendance and academic performance. Our goal is 95%-100% daily attendance.
A recently published article in the New York Times details a comprehensive approach to ensuring student attendance: Please see “Stopping Absenteeism at the Age of 5” by Rikha Sharma Rani, http://nyti.ms/1k9d0lh
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.