Dear NEST+M Students & Families,
Our week ahead features Open School Week and Parent Teacher Conferences.
Families: We are excited to have you join us for these opportunities. Please arrive with your ID card. Proper identification is always needed when signing-in with our School Safety Desk. For open school week, parents will also sign-in with NEST+m Parent Coordinator Marcy Duran.
Open School Week, Monday November 16th through Friday November 20th.
Open School Week creates the opportunity for parents/guardians to observe your child’s learning experience in action. It also allows us to reinforce our family-school partnership and commitment to each child’s success.
During Open School Week Please Observe the Following Norms:
- Observe Your Child /Children Only.
- Stay for the Entire Instructional Period.
- Please do not use cell phones or other electronic devices including cameras.
- Please do not bring food or drinks into the classroom.
- Please enter the classroom as if it’s a fishbowl, a space for you to see and enjoy but that you are outside of. This will enable classroom instruction and learning to proceed as usual. (Thank you in advance for honoring our request that you refrain from engaging in conversation with your child, other students or your child’s teacher. A simple wave or smile will allow your child to know that you are present. Smiles are always welcomed).
Lower Grades (K-5):
Parents will have the opportunity to observe two class periods in your child’s primary classroom as well as the opportunity to observe your child during a specials class for one instructional period. Details about sign-up will be provided directly by your child’s primary classroom teacher.
Middle Grades (6-8):
Parents will have the opportunity to observe one instructional period of your child’s program between Periods 1-5 (8:20am to 12:19pm). Observations of classes are on a first come first served basis with a limit of 5 parent observers per class.
Upper Grades (9-12):
Parents will have the opportunity to observe one instructional period of your child’s program. Observations of classes are on a first come first served basis with a limit of 5 parent observers per class.
School Leadership Team Meeting: The November School Leadership Team Meeting will take place on Tuesday November 17 from 4pm to 6pm in our school Library. All are welcome.
Parent Teacher Conferences
- Thursday November 19, 4:45pm to 7:45pm
- Friday November 20th, 12:40pm to 2:40pm (Please note: our school day will end at 11:32am)
Grade K-8 Conferences: As announced in earlier notes, our electronic sign-up link went live on November 13th at 10am. Electronic sign-up for conferences ensures that all families have the opportunity to meet with classroom teachers (K-5) and at least two core teachers (6-8). Families, please check my weekly email for the link.
Grade 9-12 conferences will take place in teacher classrooms. Sign-up will take place directly outside of each teacher’s classroom door. Parents will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis (a guide to teacher room locations will be provided on conference day).
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.