Dear NEST+M Students & Families,
We hope that the Thanksgiving holiday weekend has brought rest and rejuvenation to you and yours.
In Our Week Ahead:
- Tuesday December 1, Middle School & High School Application Deadline. http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/calendar/default.htm?tab=0&sdate=12-1-2015&catid=10&subcatid=0
- Tuesday December 1, Middle Grades Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am-9:30am in our campus cafeteria. In addition to hearing from you about the questions that you may have, during this month, all Principal’s Coffees will feature a video presentation & discussion related to the Growth Mindset.
- Tuesday December 1, 6pm to 8pm, 12th grade College Financial Aid Night coordinated by Director of College Counseling Nataliya Kisina.
- Wednesday December 2, Upper Grades Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am-9:30am in our campus cafeteria.
- Friday December 3, Lower Grades Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am-9:30am in our campus cafeteria.
- The Big Apple Awards: Recognizing Teacher Excellence in New York City
“The Big Apple Awards celebrates and recognizes teachers who inspire students, model great teaching, and enrich their school community.”
To nominate a teacher or for more information, see:
The nomination deadline is Monday, January 18, 2016
- Outside-of-School Science Opportunities? The NEST+m School Leadership Team would like to compile a list of annual or regularly occurring outside-of-school science opportunities so that this information can be shared with NEST+m students and families. If you know of events/programs/internships that should be featured in such a resource, please send this information via email with header “Science Opportunities” to Ms. Cecilia Buktenica at CBuktenica@schools.nyc.gov
- Support our NEST+m PSAL Athletes! NEST+m students and families are invited to watch a home game. The NEST+m PSAL calendar is here: http://www.psal.org/events-and-standings/school-calendar.aspx?schid=01538#
As Previously Announced:
- Save the date: The NEST+m Middle Grades Play, There’s A Little Ambiguity Over There Among The Bluebells, directed by teacher Jillian Fletcher will be performed on Thursday December 10th at 5:30pm and Friday December 11th at 6pm.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.