Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
On this day-after-the Blizzard, I send you Ezra Jack Keats’s The Snowy Day with the hope that you and yours are safe and able to spend some time outdoors as Peter does.
All NYC DOE schools will be open tomorrow. Please leave extra time for travel. Should our Custodian Engineer determine that our courtyard ramp is not safe for use, “courtyard” entry will take place via our southeast courtyard door near Columbia Street.
Our Columbia Street entrance itself will remain open.
Upper Grades Students: Tomorrow is the final day of instruction for Semester 1 Upper Grades classes. January Regents Week begins on Tuesday. For Upper Grades Students, only those students taking Regents exams will be in attendance.
All Nest+m families are invited to attend an informational meeting regarding Special Education and Integrated Co-Teaching that will take place on Wednesday January 27, 2016 from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
This meeting’s target audience is current 5th grade families although all NEST+m families are welcome to attend. Our meeting will take place in the NEST+m cafeteria.
As always, please be sure to bring your ID so that you may sign-in at the NEST+m Courtyard Entrance school safety desk.
- Welcome and overview of this evening’s Information session
- An introductory reading & discussion about ICT and inclusive practices that support the academic and interpersonal success of all students.
- Presentation by/about current Upper Grades ICT Classrooms (presently in NEST+m Grades 9-11)
- Question and Answer Period
Winter Art & Music Festival: Thursday 1/28, the NEST+m Middle Grades Winter Art and Music Festival takes place. The art exhibition starts at 5pm (5pm-7pm) and the concert starts at 6pm. Join us!
Hip Hip Hooray:
The NEST+m Upper Grades literary magazine, Epoch vol. 3, has been nominated for the Highest Award (Superior) by the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) 2015 Program to Recognize Excellence in Student Literary Magazines. This nomination has been given to just 15 high schools in the state. See the statewide results at: http://www.ncte.org/awards/student/PRESLM
Congratulations to our NEST+m English / Art Departments and all of our student writers and artists that contributed to Epoch during the 2014-15 school year.
- Monday 2/1: High school Chancellor’s Conference Day (no students Grades 9-12).
- Tuesday 2/2: Semester 2 begins for students in Grades 9-12. .
- K-6 report cards will be backpacked home during the first week of February.
- Grades 7-12 Semester 1 Grades will be live on PupilPath.com during the week of February 8th.
- Upper Grades Faculty, please save the date for April 5, 4th On this day we will conduct AP testing Pre-administration
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.