Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
Thank you for all who attended last week’s parent-teacher conferences and made them such a success.
For those who were not able to attend, please be in touch with your child’s teacher or teachers. Our faculty directory can be found here:
DOE Surveys: Each spring the Department of Education asks School Students and Families to complete an official Survey about their school experience. Student surveys will be completed in school. Families: For those who were unable to pick up your green survey envelope during parent-teacher conferences, K-5 surveys will be backpacked home. Grades 6-12 surveys will be mailed home. Surveys are due April 1st.
Upper Grades Open House
The Upper Grades at NEST+m will be hosting an Open House on Wednesday, March 16, for students matched to a Specialized High School and NEST+m for the 2016-17 school year. Current 8th grade students who know they will be attending NEST+m for high school are also encouraged to attend.
If your child has been matched to a Specialized School and NEST+m, you’re invited to attend this special event that will include presentations by members of our School Leadership and staff; a Q & A with a panel of our Upper Grade students, and a tour of NEST+m.
Details and a link to register are below:
Date: Wednesday, March 16
Time: 8:45am – 10:30am
Place: Auditorium at NEST+m
All families must RSVP via the Registration link below:
Cafeteria Culture: Tuesday 3/15 and Thursday 3/17: The Cafeteria Culture Team will be on site for two special visits to see the steps our students and faculty are taking to create a zero-waste cafeteria. http://www.cafeteriaculture.org
- Tuesday: Cafeteria Culture: – visit by new DOE Director of Sustainability, Meredith McDermott, and the Cafeteria Culture Zero Waste team to observe the Cafeteria Ranger Program.
- Thursday: Cafeteria Culture: North American Association of Environmental Education (NAAEE) will film the Cafeteria Ranger Program and conduct interviews with students on site. Students who are interviewed must have signed media release forms. Also on site will be John Shea, DOE CEO, Division of School Facilities.
- Tuesday March 16th: School Leadership Team, 4pm to 6pm, Library
- Monday March 21: Open Meeting, School Safety Committee, 9:20am to 10:05am, Cafeteria
- ELA Testing, Grades 3-8, April 5-7
- Mathematics Testing, Grades 3-8, April 13-15
- For more testing-date information, please see: http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/5F881441-B6B6-46E7-9793-242E484DEBE5/0/201516AssessmentCalendarupdated111815.pdf
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.