Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
After careful reflection regarding my core values as NEST+m’s school leader and my desire to ensure that NEST+m students and staff feel safe engaging in the ongoing individual and collaborative learning necessary for us all, the dress code for students in Grades 3 to Grade 8 will be removed effective immediately.
Removal of NEST+m Uniform for Students in Grades 3-8
Students should feel welcomed each day as they arrive in our school and classrooms. NEST+m branded gear should be a source of pride not a matter of compliance. As always, students throughout our K-12 school community are expected to wear attire appropriate to our K-12 learning environment. Should you have any concerns about student attire, please reach out to an NEST+m Assistant Principal or Guidance Counselor.
DOE Surveys: Each spring the Department of Education asks Students and Families to complete an official Survey about their school experience. Families: For those who were unable to pick up your green survey envelope during parent-teacher conferences, they have been mailed home. Please complete your survey as soon as possible. Your voice matters. Surveys are due April 1st.
Morning Entry: As previously announced, NEST+m school doors are opened at 7:00am when School Safety Agents begin their shift. For safety reasons they can not be opened earlier.
Congratulations to NEST+m’s MathCounts team which this weekend placed 6th in the State of NY Mathcounts competition(out of approximately 45 schools). We are so proud of our Mathletes: Anna Li, Ivan Galakhov, Lennie Ma, Michael Robertson, Adi Vidur Jasuja, and Carol Chen. Thank you to Teachers Johanna Cinquegrana and Fanny Sosenke for chaperoning this team to their competition, Upstate at RPI and for all who have coached and spent time with our Math teams.
Congratulations to the NEST+m Chess teams for their award-winning performances last weekend at the NY State Chess Tournament in Saratoga Springs, NY.
• High School Team: 3rd Place
• 1st Grade Team: 4th Place
• Monday March 21: Open Meeting, School Safety Committee, 9:20am to 10:05am, Cafeteria
• Soft-Lockdown Drill (2nd Spring-Semester drill): 8:45am
• ELA Testing, Grades 3-8, April 5-7—more information forthcoming this week
• Mathematics Testing, Grades 3-8, April 13-15—more information forthcoming this week
• For more testing-date information, please see: http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/5F881441-B6B6-46E7-9793-242E484DEBE5/0/201516AssessmentCalendarupdated111815.pdf
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.