Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
This week Grades 3-8 ELA make-up assessments continue on Monday and Tuesday. Grades 3-8 State Math Exams take place Wednesday 4/13 through Friday 4/15 with make-up testing thereafter.
Parents: please speak with your children to ensure that cellphones and other electronic devices do not enter our testing rooms. In Alignment with Chancellor’s Regulation A-413 and state testing guidelines:
- Cell phones and portable music and entertainment systems may not be turned on during the administration of any school quiz, test or examination.
- Computing devices may not be turned on or used during the administration of any school quiz, test or examination, except where such use has been explicitly authorized by the school or is contained in an Individualized Education Program or Section 504 Accommodation Plan.
For more information, please see: http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/8C04CC15-F156-4578-9775-53B98638D650/0/A413Final22615.pdf OR https://nestmk12.net/about-us/school-reports-regulations/
Congratulations to NEST+m Math Team
April 15th: NEST+m Lower Grades and Middle Grades Math Team members will represent NEST+m at the Girls Math Olympiad at Speyer.
April 23rd, MathCon, Lower Grade, Middle Grade and Upper Grade finalists will travel with families to represent Nest+M in Chicago.
- April 14th: Upper Grades Play, Cinderella: 6:30pm-8:30pm: Come join Mr. Yusah’s theatre group as they perform The Ash Girl, a dark reimagining of Cinderella.
- April 15th: Upper Grades Play, The Ash Girl, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- May 10th (Evening): Parent Teacher Conferences (for more information, see DOE calendar).
- May 13th: NESTFest, Nest+m’s annual talent show. Auditions taking place next week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, April 19 to 21. Please see Audition Sign-up link sent directly from the NEST+m PTA. Please contact Music Department Chairperson Pieter Voorhees with any questions.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.