Dear NEST+m Students and Families
We have a full instructional week prior to Spring Recess.
As a reminder: All NYC DOE schools are closed for Spring Recess, Monday April 25th to Friday April 29th. School resumes Monday May 2, 2016.
Academic Updates via Semester 2, Marking Period 1 Progress Reports:
- Grades K-5: progress reports were backpacked home last week. Please be in touch with your child’s classroom teacher if you have any questions about this progress report.
- Grades 6-12 progress reports are being mailed home this week. Up-to-date information is also available via PupilPath.
- Progress Reports provide an academic snapshot at this point in the semester. Please be in touch with your child’s teacher or teachers if you have course-specific questions.
Guidance Updates/Staffing Updates:
6th grade science: While our 6th grade science teacher Mr. C. remains on leave, a licensed science teacher will be assigned to our school beginning this week. This teacher will receive lesson plans and instructional resources from our 6th grade science teacher.
Grades 9 & 12 Guidance: Ms. Glickman will begin her maternity leave later this week. A licensed guidance counselor will be assigned to our school to support our students during Ms. Glickman’s transition. This counselor will fulfill Ms. Glickman’s obligations for the remainder of this school year. A formal introduction is forthcoming.
Personal electronics: Though students are allowed to bring cellphones and personal electronics to school, https://nestmk12.net/about-us/school-reports-regulations/ students are responsible for ensuring the safety of their personal belongings. While travelling to and from school, students are encouraged to keep their personal electronics out of site and to be mindful while traveling—citywide spikes in theft occur during the warmer months of the year.
Middle School Theatre: Tickets for HAIRSPRAY JR. on sale now
Performances: Friday, May 6th at 7 PM and Saturday, May 7th at 6 PM.
Tickets are on sale now at nestmpta.tix.com. All seats are $12. Hairspray Jr. is performed by Middle Grade NEST+m students participating in the Grand Street Settlement SONYC program generously funded by the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development.
- School Leadership Team, 4pm, Tuesday 4/19
- May 10th (Evening): Parent Teacher Conferences (for more information, see DOE calendar).
- PTA “BBQ Bash” Tuesday May 17th: 6.30pm at Hill Country Brooklyn.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.