Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
I am hoping that you have had a rejuvenating Spring Break.
Upper Grades Student Reminder: AP Testing Begins this Week:
- Advanced Placement Testing begins this week.
- We have regular instructional days for all students when they are not otherwise taking AP Exams.
- The AP Exam Room Schedule and Student Lunch Policy are posted on the NEST+m homepage and can also be found here: https://nestmk12.net/2016/04/21/ap-exam-room-schedule-and-lunch-policy/
Important Health Update, Immunization Requirements: All incoming 7th graders and 12th graders (Current 6th and 11th graders) will be required to be vaccinated for meningitis. Please see the attached letter and FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions Document).
- Marvin Cadornigara to 6th Grade Science
- Lauren Turnowski to 8th Grade English.
- Ms. Hildy Lazarus who will be serving as the interim guidance counselor for Upper Grades counselor Stephanie Glickman who is on leave.
- K-2 Chess Instructor Giorgi Bakhtadze, an International Chess Master who has been teaching chess for 12 years. He has been in our K-2 classes for two weeks.
- Shadi Ali, a long-term sub, who will be helping Giorgi with the K-2 chess classes and will also be teaching Technology to students in grades 3-5.
May Principal’s Coffee Meeting, 8:30am in the NEST+m Café
- Tuesday May 3: Middle Grades Coffee
- Wednesday May 4: Upper Grades
- Friday May 6: Lower Grades
Middle School Theater: Tickets for HAIRSPRAY JR. on sale now
Performances: Friday, May 6th at 7 PM and Saturday, May 7th at 6 PM.
Tickets are on sale now at nestmpta.tix.com. All seats are $12. Hairspray Jr. is performed by Middle Grade NEST+m students participating in the Grand Street Settlement SONYC program generously funded by the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development.
- May 10th (Evening): Parent Teacher Conferences: Additional information forthcoming this week
- PTA “BBQ Bash” Tuesday May 17th: 6.30pm at Hill Country Brooklyn.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.