Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
Thank you families for your ongoing support for the NEST+m community. Last week’s PTA Barbeque Bash was a great community building event and fundraiser. It would not have happened without the support of our whole-school community and the ongoing dedication of many PTA volunteers. Special thank you to coordinating committee members: Kim Roberts, Eiko Sakai, Kris Bearse, Rosie Morgan, Lisa Seale Cruz, Molly Brennan and the countless event-day volunteers.
In our Week Ahead
- 4th Grade Science State Performance Test Administration will take place between Wednesday 5/25 and Friday 6/3. The 4th grade Science State Written Test will take place on Monday June 6th.
Monday May 23rd
- NEST+m PTA Whole Child Committee is showing the film “Screenagers”, 6:30pm to 8:30pm. http://www.screenagersmovie.com/ All are welcome.
Tuesday May 24th
- 4:00pm-6:00pm: School Leadership Team Meeting, Library
Wednesday May 25th:
- Upper Grades Art & Music Show, 5:00pm to 7:30pm in the Auditorium
Thursday May 26th
- NEST+m Upper Grades tour for current NEST+m 7th grade students and families. Many NEST+m 7th grade families have asked for the opportunity to tour our Upper Grades prior to the Fall of 8th grade. We will be hosting a tour for 7th grade students and families on May 26th, 10am to 11:30am beginning in the auditorium.
- Middle Grades Art & Music Show, 5:00pm to 8:30pm in the Auditorium
Friday May 27th: All regularly scheduled After-School Activities will continue as normal.
- The NEST+m Regents Tutoring Schedule has been posted for our families: https://nestmk12.net/2016/05/04/regents-tutoring-schedule/
- Monday May 30th: No School—Memorial Day
- Tuesday May 31: 5:00pm to 6:15pm: In an ongoing effort to listen to, and engage, groups of students and families, on May 31st, from 5:00pm to 6:15pm, I am hosting an outreach family for Muslim students and families in the library. All are welcome.
- Wednesday June 1, 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the Cafeteria, the NEST+m Whole Child Committee will be hosting a presentation, Talking To Kids About Race & Multiculturalism, by NEST+m parent and professor of Education Jane Bolgatz. http://www.fordham.edu/info/21029/faculty_profiles/3116/jane_bolgatz
- Wednesday June 1: Algebra 2 Common Core Regents Exam –no Upper Grades Students
- Monday June 6th:
4th grade Science Exam
Upper Grades Assembly Day
- 6th grade Original Play Festival—Wednesday June 8th and Friday June 10th, 5:30pm -6:45pm in the NEST+m Auditorium
- Thursday June 9th Chancellor’s Conference Day and Professional Development Day. No school for students. Orientation for incoming 6th grade students and incoming 9th grade students.
- Monday June 13th: Final Day of Instruction for High School- Regents Week Begins June 14th
- June 14 – Clerical Non-Attendance Day for Grades K-8 (No K-8 students in attendance)
- June 14-22 – Regents Examinations (No Upper Grades students in attendance except for test-takers)
- June 23 – Regents Rating Day (No Upper Grades students in attendance)
- Friday June 24th: 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony
- June 27 – 8th Grade Graduation / Upper Grades Commencement Ceremony
- June 28 – Last day of school (Early Dismissal)
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.