Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
I am hoping that you are in the midst of a relaxing, rejuvenating and meaningful Memorial Day Weekend.
In our Week Ahead
- 4th Grade Science State Performance Tests continue through Friday 6/3.
- The 4th grade Science State Written Test will take place on Monday June 6th.
- Wednesday June 1: CCLS Algebra II Regents Exam
- June Principal’s Coffees with Middle Grades Families, 8:30am to 9:30am in the cafeteria
- NEST+m Muslim Family Outreach Meeting, 5:00pm to 6:15pm in the library: In an ongoing effort to listen to and engage groups of students and families, on May 31st, from 5:00pm to 6:15pm, I am hosting an outreach family for Muslim students and families in the library. All are welcome.
Wednesday June 1:
- June Principal’s Coffees with Upper Grades Families, 8:30am to 9:30am in the cafeteria
- Upper Grades: Algebra II/Common Core Regents Examination. For students in Grades 9-12: only Regents test taking students will be on site.
- Grades K-8, regular instructional day.
- 6:30pm to 8:00pm in the Cafeteria, the NEST+m Whole Child Committee will be hosting a presentation, Talking To Kids About Race & Multiculturalism, by NEST+m parent and professor of Education Jane Bolgatz. All are welcome. http://www.fordham.edu/info/21029/faculty_profiles/3116/jane_bolgatz
- The NEST+m Regents Tutoring Schedule has been posted for our families: https://nestmk12.net/2016/05/04/regents-tutoring-schedule/
- The June 2016 Regents Exam Schedule is posted here. Students will receive exam-specific information including exam admission tickets prior to their scheduled exams.
- 6th grade Original Play Festival—Wednesday June 8th and Friday June 10th, 5:30pm -6:45pm in the NEST+m Auditorium
- Thursday June 9th Chancellor’s Conference Day and Professional Development Day. No school for students. Orientation for Fall 2016 6th grade students & families and Fall 2016 9th grade students & families.
- Monday June 13th: Final Day of Instruction prior to Regents Week for High School Students. Regents Week Begins June 14th
- June 14 – Clerical Non-Attendance Day for Grades K-8 (No K-8 students in attendance)
- June 14-22 – Regents Examinations (No Upper Grades students in attendance except for test-takers)
- June 23 – Regents Rating Day (No Upper Grades students in attendance)
- Friday June 24th: 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony
- June 27 – 8th Grade Graduation / Upper Grades Commencement Ceremony
- June 28 – Last day of school (Early Dismissal)
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.