September 22, 2016
Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
Please join our K-12 Curriculum Night on Wednesday September 28th, 5pm to 8pm. On Curriculum Night families will visit classroom teachers following a modified program similar to the one that your child experiences each day. Curriculum Night will also feature a welcome presentation from Principal Mark Berkowitz.
Entering our School Building: All families are asked to enter through our Main Courtyard where you will be welcomed by our Administrative Team.
Grades 6-12 Classroom Visits: Curriculum night will follow your child’s “B-Day” schedule. Please arrive with a copy of your child’s schedule, including classroom locations. Your child’s schedule can be found via PupilPath on the web or through PupilPath’s mobile app. Teachers in Grades 6-12 will provide 18 minute presentations. Each presentation will feature an overview of the course’s curriculum while also allowing time for course-related Q&A.
Grades 6-12 Schedule
- Period 1 – 5:00 pm – 5:18 pm
- Period 2 – 5:23 pm – 5:41 pm
- Period 3 – 5:46 pm – 6:04 pm
- Period 4 – 6:09 pm – 6:27 pm
- Period 5 – 6:32 pm – 6:50 pm
- Period 6 – 6:55 pm – 7:13 pm
- Period 7 – 7:18 pm – 7:36 pm
- Period 8 – 7:41 pm – 8:00 pm
*18 minute presentations with 5 minute passing time between sessions.
Grades K-5 Classroom Visits: Please click on the special schedule below:
Auditorium Presentations with Principal Mark Berkowitz: Families are invited to join any one of these presentations so that you may hear highlights of our K-12 Curriculum and co-curricular activities.
· Auditorium Presentation 1: 5:23pm to 6:04pm
· Auditorium Presentation 2: 6:09pm to 6:50pm
· Auditorium Presentation 3: 6:50pm to 7:36pm
· Families of Students in Grades K-5: A Classroom Directory will be posted so that you may easily find your student’s classroom.
· Please note that Curriculum Night is different from Parent-Teacher Conferences which will take place on November 17th (evening) and November 18th (afternoon). At Conferences, teachers will be prepared to provide details related to your child’s content understandings and skills. At Curriculum Night, teachers will be talking about their courses and student experiences as a whole.
We look forward to seeing you at Curriculum Night.