Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
As you know, the week of October 10th features three days of instruction and two school holidays. Please see the important announcements and overview calendar below.
Academic Achievement & Emotional Intelligence:
We are explicitly committed to ensuring that every child feels safe, cared for and valued. When students feel emotionally safe in school, they are best prepared to grow as learners. Please note that NEST+m’s Guidance Counselors are officially designated as our school’s “Respect for All Liaisons.” Please be in contact with your child’s teacher(s), our guidance team and administrative team if you have any concerns related to student-to-student interactions, including physical or emotional behavior that may be construed as bullying.
Caution on Houston Street: Please use extra caution when crossing Houston Street. As you may have heard: Recently there was a pedestrian fatality when a bus hit an elderly woman crossing from the NW corner of Houston & Columbia (Duane Reade) toward the SW Corner (near our school). There are two crossing guards between the four corners. Families and students are urged to follow all crossing signals and use eyes and ears when crossing.
Our Week Ahead:
Monday October 10th: No School, Columbus Day
Tuesday October 11th:
- 8:30am to 9:30am Lower Grades Coffee in Cafeteria
- 10:00am – 11:30am: Middle Grades Tour for Prospective Students and Families
Wednesday October 12th: No School, Yom Kippur
Thursday October 13th:
- 8:30am to 9:30am Middle Grades Coffee in Cafeteria
- 10:00am – 11:30am: Upper Grades Tour for Prospective Students
Friday October 14th:
- 8:30am to 9:30am Upper Grades Coffee in Cafeteria
- 10:00am – 11:30am Middle Grades Tour for Prospective Students and Families
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.