Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
As we enter the week of October 24th I am writing to provide the following academic and community updates:
- Midterm Assessments for Grades 9-12 students begin during the week of October 31st. For all families, please view PupilPath (Grades 6-12) or be in touch with your child’s teacher (Grades K-5) if you have specific questions about academic performance to date.
- Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on the evening of November 17th (4:45pm – 7:45pm) and the afternoon of November 18th 12:40pm – 2:40pm. Additional information will be sent as we approach conferences.
- October 31st is a regular instructional day. A special Halloween celebration will take place for K-5 students during one instructional period on the afternoon of 10/31. More information about October 31st and NEST+m Spirit Week will be sent in a separate message. The NEST+m PTA’s annual “Fright Night” festivities will take place on Sunday October 30th.
- Parking on Columbia Street: Please be advised that Columbia Street is used for bus drop off and pick-up. NYPD will ticket cars that are standing on Columbia Street in front of the school.
- DOE Policy regarding Lice: Please see the following DOE guidelines re: Lice. “Students found to have live head lice will be excluded from school and not allowed to return until they are lice-free. Students will be reexamined in 14 days to confirm that they have remained lice-free. Students with nits and no evidence of live head lice will not be excluded from school.”
- NEST+m students are being trained by Cafeteria Culture to properly sort their foodwaste and recyclables within NEST+m’s cafeteria and classrooms. Please see the flier linked below for more information about how you can support our goal of becoming a “zero waste” school.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.