Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
This Friday NEST+m welcomes Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer who will be visiting on Friday morning. We have invited Borough President Brewer as a thank you for the support her office has provided in the form of technology grants, including most recently, laptop carts and updated desktop computers that were installed in the NEST Café’s adjacent computer lab.
Thursday evening a parent-led potluck dinner for 9th grade families will take place in the NEST+m café.
Please save the December Principal’s Coffees which will take place on December 14th, December 15th, December 16th. https://nestmk12.net/calendar/
The December School Leadership Team (SLT) meeting takes place 4pm, Tuesday December 20th.
As previously announced, please be aware of the following safety-oriented precautions:
- It is always advisable that students travel with others when they are walking to and from school.
- It is always advisable to refrain from traveling with valuables.
- Personal electronics such as phones should be kept on one’s person (for instance, in one’s front pockets).
- Use your senses: keep your eyes and ears open. The NEST+m administrative team has recently received reports of students having money taken from them in/near subways in Brooklyn as well as in Manhattan near NEST+m.
- Please be advised that 911 should be called if ever a student experiences a safety-related emergency off school grounds. If such an experience takes place while traveling to or from school, please be sure to notify the NEST+m administrative or guidance teams.
- NEST+m administration should be notified if a student has any safety related concerns within our building.
- Fire Alarm Safety at NEST+M: Please note that Falsely Activating a Fire Alarm is an explicit violation of the NYC Department of Education Bill of Student Rights and Discipline Code. Students who falsely activate Fire Alarms will face consequences in alignment with the Discipline Code and will also face arrest by FDNY Fire Marshalls.
- Thank you for your attention to the safety precautions detailed above.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.