- The Kindergarten and 2nd Grade Teacher Teams whose Family Friday enabled students and parents to collaboratively develop Mathematical skills together.
- 3rd Grade Teachers, Students and Families who began their trips to the Ward Pound Ridge Trailside Museum to study Native American artifacts and history.
- The cast and crew of the Middle Grades Musical Bye Bye Birdie who illuminated the stage on Friday and Saturday night.
- Michael Albertson and NEST+m’s Upper Grades Musicians for their outstanding Winter Concert.
Saturday, January 28th is the first day of the Lunar New Year. Happy New Year to all! NEST+m’s Lunar New Year Celebration will take place on February 8th with K-8 Assemblies and Lion Dancing throughout our K-12 school building.
Here are some additional resources related to the Lunar New Year:
- CelebrASIA NYC “is a collaboration among leading cultural institutions in New York City designed to introduce children to Asian festivals and themes. Children are invited to ring in many Asian New Years from January to March by participating in hands‐on workshops and programs.”
- Collaborating institutions include: Asia Society, Japan Society, Museum of Chinese in America, The Korea Society, Flushing Town Hall, China Institute.
- Monday January 23, 2017
- Regular School Day, End of Semester 1 for Upper Grades Students.
- Tuesday January 24, 2017
- January Regents Week (January 24th – January 27th) No Upper Grade Classes.
- Wednesday January 25, 2017
- 8:30am: 5th Grade Family Friday
- Thursday January 26, 2017
- Alvin Ailey Percussion Performance for 2nd-4th grade.
- Middle Grades Winter Concert. 6:00pm in the Auditorium.
- Friday January 27, 2017
- 8:30am: 4th Grade Family Friday
- January 30th
- Chancellor’s Conference Day for Upper Grades Faculty
- No Upper Grade Students in attendance
- January 31st
- First day of Semester 2 (Upper Grades classes resume)