At NEST+m, Teamwork and Collaboration among adults and between students takes a variety of forms. Families: Please reach out if we may be of particular support to your child during this time. The intellectual and purposeful journey of supporting every NEST+m student’s success is ours together.
As we enter this first full week of March, I am writing to send several important updates.
- NYC School Survey: Every year, parents, teachers, and students in grades 6-12 take the NYC School Survey. This is a vital feedback opportunity. Specific information about how to complete your survey will be sent separately. Look for the green envelope! For more information: http://schools.nyc.gov/Accountability/tools/survey/default
- 8th Grade Families: HS Admissions Round 1 Results will be made available to schools on Wednesday March 8. In alignment with earlier communications, we will be distributing your child’s HS admissions information either electronically—or if specifically requested—in hard copy form. All communication will be at or near the end of our school day. if you have not yet articulated your family’s preference for receiving this information, please be in touch with NEST+m Parent Coordinator Melissa Hernandez—email@example.com.
- Parent Teacher Conferences: Spring Conferences will be held in the evening of Thursday March 23rd (4:45pm – 7:45pm) and in the afternoon on Friday March 24, 12:40pm – 2:40pm. Please save the date.
- Grades 3-8 State Testing: The NYC DOE will administer the New York State (NYS) grades 3–8 English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics exams on March 28–30 and May 2–4, respectively. For more information, please click here for a Parent Guide: Frequently Asked Questions.
- Wednesday March 8, 2017
- Upper Grades Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am in the NEST+m Cafe
- Thursday March 9, 2017
- Principal’s Coffee: Middle Grades Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am in the NEST+m Cafe
- 1st Grade Family Thursday 8:30-9:30am
- Friday March 10, 2017
- Lower Grades Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am in the NEST+m Cafe
SPRING PSAL SEASON STARTS
- Girls Fencing Schedule: http://www.psal.org/profiles/team-profile.aspx#055/01538
- Coach Chu – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls Softball Schedule:http://www.psal.org/profiles/team-profile.aspx#022/01538
- Coach Castillo – email@example.com