Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
Our Week Ahead
Grades K-5 Announcements:
May 24th and 25th
- The 4th Grade Science Performance Task is a 60 minute hands-on science task.
- 4th grade students will take the exam on either Wednesday or Thursday.
Grades 6-12 Announcements:
NEST+m has been selected by NY State to conduct “Regents Field Testing,” a non-evaluative assessment of Regents Exam questions that is scheduled to take place this week. Please direct Regents field testing questions to AP’s Greg Farrell or Keshia Souffrant.
- Common Core English Field Test – 2 Hour Administration, 11th Grade students, Periods 4-6
- US History & Gov’t Field Test – 40 minute administration, 11h Grade Students & 8th Grade Students, Period 1
- CC Geometry Field Test – 40 minute administration, (All Geometry Students – from Grades 8, 9, 10), Period 5
- NEST+m’s “Cell Phones and Other Electronic Devices in School Policy” is an articulation of school based expectations related to personal electronics.
Other Special Events in Our Week Ahead
- 10th Grade Family Meeting re: College Process, 8:30am, Library
- Upper Grades Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am, Cafeteria
- 4th Grade State Science Performance Task – Day one
- Upper Grades Spring Concert, 6pm, Auditorium
- Middle Grades Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am, Cafeteria
- 4th Grade State Science Performance Task – Day two
- 12th Grade Student Panel re: College Application Process for 11th Grade Students, 3:30 pm, Library
- Middle Grades Spring Art and Music Festival. Art show starts at 5 pm, Music concert starts at 6 pm, Auditorium
- Lower Grades Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am, Cafeteria. Ms. Gerstein will present on our K-2 science program.
- 4th Grade State Science Performance Task (Make Up Testing) Day
- School Spirit Day, Show your colors! All Students & Faculty are Encouraged to wear NEST+m Spirit Wear.
6/5: 5:30pm, Orientation for all incoming Upper Grades Students and Families
6/13-6/22: Regents Week
6/22: 8th Grade Stepping Up Ceremony, The Great Hall at Cooper Union, 12:30pm