Dear NEST+m Grades 6-12 Students and Families,
We hope this message finds you well and enjoying the final days of summer.
As we approach the opening of our school year on Thursday, September 7, we want to inform you of some key elements of our opening procedures for the 2017-18 School Year:
Our school day begins at 8:20am and concludes at 2:40pm. Click here to see the 2017-2018 Bell Schedule.
Students in Grades 6-8 enter our school building through the courtyard ramp and swipe their ID Card at one of the CAASS machines in the lobby upon entry to the school building. Students in Grades 6-8 must be in their homeroom by 8:20am.
Students in Grades 9-12 enter our school building through the Columbia Street Entrance or Courtyard Ramp and swipe their ID Card at one of our CAASS machines next to the entrances. Students in Grades 9-12 must be in their first period class for attendance by 8:20am.
Any student that does not have a school issued ID may sign-in on a clip board next to any CAASS Machine. ID’s will be distributed to our new students during the school day.
All students may view and print their academic schedule via PupilPath. For incoming students, new to NEST+m, your PupilPath Registration letters have been mailed home and should be arriving to your homes soon. Please follow the directions on the letter to register and note that both students and parents need to register for this system as it will be our Gradebook of record as well as the site where students and families may check all grades, including report card grades, academic transcripts, attendance etc. Registration also enables the school Administration and Faculty to contact you by email. Please note all students and parents need separate PupilPath accounts.
Students: please be sure to print out or write down your schedule of classes and have it with you for the first day of school.
- Grades 6-8: AP Hernon and Guidance Counselor Chen will be on the 3rd floor to help you find your homeroom
- Grades 9-12: Any student who has trouble accessing their schedule or forgets to bring a copy of it on day one, may pick up a printout of their schedule between 8:00 am and 8:20 am from the Guidance Office (245). Please see either Stephanie Glickman or Katherine Silva for assistance.
- For more information regarding student schedules and information on how to access PupilPath please click this link.
On the first days of school we will be distributing to students the following: Metrocards, School ID cards, Locker Agreements (Students need to have a master combination lock in hand to be assigned a hall locker– key locks are not acceptable), lunch forms, and Course Curriculum Letters. Please note, students may not take a locker without first completing a locker agreement form in their first period class. Additionally, 10th Grade students will not be permitted to go out to lunch until they have submitted the out of building lunch permission slip. These will be distributed and collected in your Social Studies/History classes the first week of school.
- Students in Grades 6-8 can access their supply lists here.
- All students in Grades 9-12 should come to school on day one with a bookbag, notebook, two combination locks, their summer reading assignments, and pens / pencils. Please note that as supplies needed for high school vary by class, we ask that families wait to purchase most supplies until in receipt of the course curriculum letters for each class.
We look forward to welcoming all students back to NEST+m on Thursday, September 7th.
Families: Save the Date—September 28th is our annual Curriculum Night, 4:45pm – 7:45pm.