Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
Our week ahead features three instructional days, as schools are closed on Thursday 9/21 and Friday 9/22 for Rosh Hashanah.
Each year the NEST+m administrative team hosts a series of Principal’s Coffees — parent outreach meetings that typically take place in the morning. In consultation with NEST+m’s PTA Co-Presidents, our September Coffee Dates have been calendared to take place on these dates and times:
- Middle Grades Principal’s Coffee: Wednesday September 20, 2017, 8:30am to 9:30am in the Cafeteria (visitor sign-in via Main Entrance).
- Lower Grades Principal’s Coffee: Monday September 25, 2017, 8:30am to 9:30am in the Cafeteria (visitor sign-in via Main Entrance).
- Upper Grades Principal’s Coffee will take place during Curriculum Night, Thursday 9/28 (7:00pm to 7:45pm) in the Auditorium.
All are welcome to join our monthly Principal’s coffees which feature formal announcements and/or teaching led by our administrative, guidance and teachers teams as well as parent-generated Q&A.
Please Save the Date for Curriculum Night, Thursday 9/28, 5pm to 8pm. Curriculum night provides the opportunity to meet your child’s teacher(s) and learn about our instructional goals for the year ahead. Specific details forthcoming.
ENTRY AND EXIT PROCEDURES
Please see these important announcements regarding our entry and exit procedures.
- Our doors open for students at 7:30am. Breakfast also starts at 7:30 am.
- Students may enter between 7 – 7:30 am if they are part of a school activity supervised by a teacher or advisor such as math team, chess, tutoring or sports’ practices.
MORNING COURTYARD PLAY
- The NEST+m Main Courtyard is reserved for K-5 students who are supervised by parents. If you are dropping off your K-5 child, they must enter the building and cannot stay in the courtyard.
- Grades 6-8 students may also stay in the Main courtyard. Ball playing is limited to the wings on both sides
ENTERING THE BUILDING
- Grades K-2 students who are being dropped off by parents or bus will report to the Cafeteria where they will be supervised. They will be picked up by teachers directly from the Cafeteria.
- Grades 3-5 students who are being dropped off by parents or bus will report to the Auditorium where they will be supervised. They will be picked up by teachers directly from the Auditorium.
- Grades 6-8 students who are being dropped off by parents or bus may be in the courtyard OR may go sit outside their homeroom.
- Grades 9-12 students enter our building via the courtyard OR the Columbia Street Entrance. Grades 9-12 students may report directly to the 3rd floor.
All classes begin at 8:20 am. To ensure timely arrival for class, students should arrive no later than 8:10am.
- Our school day ends at 2:40 pm.
- Students with supervised after-school activities including After3, SONYC, PSAL, clubs, tutoring, and academic meetings with teachers, are welcome to stay at school for the duration of these activities. All other students are asked to please leave the school grounds by 3:10 pm. Students may stay in the courtyard if they have a parent or caretaker present.
- This note is of particular import as our front courtyard is not a supervised site after school.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.