Dear NEST+m Families,
This year, Open School “Week” will be from Monday November 27th to Wednesday November 29th.
Parents, please see the following guidelines:
Open School Week provides you with the opportunity to observe your child’s learning experience in action. It also allows us to reinforce our family-school partnership and commitment to each child’s success.
During Open School Week Please Observe the Following Norms:
- Observe your child /children only.
- Stay for the entire instructional period.
- Please do not use cell phones or other electronic devices including cameras.
- Please do not bring food or drinks into the classroom.
- Please enter the classroom as if it’s a fishbowl, a space for you to see and enjoy but that you are outside of. This will enable classroom instruction and learning to proceed as usual.
- Thank you in advance for honoring our request that you refrain from engaging in conversation with your child, other students or your child’s teacher. A simple wave or smile will allow your child to know that you are present. Smiles are always welcomed.
Lower Grades (K-5):
We have scheduled Family Fridays throughout the year for families to learn about the classroom curriculum. The K-5 open school week will showcase our “specials” classes.
Please sign up using this link: NEST+m Lower Grades Open School Week Sign Up
Middle Grades (6-8):
For 6th grade, please click on one of the below links to sign up for one 6th grade class.
Social Studies: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090a4eaca62caaf49-open1
For 7th and 8th grades, observations of classes are on a first come first served basis with a limit of 5 parent observers per class. No signup is necessary.
Upper Grades (9-12):
Parents have the opportunity to observe your child’s program on one instructional day between Monday November 27th and Wednesday November 29th. Observations of classes are on a first come first served basis with a limit of 5 parent observers per class. No signup is necessary.