Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
Hoping you had a wonderful Mother’s Day Weekend!
Before we jump into our week ahead, a moment of gratitude: During this past Friday’s NESTFest, the artistry and talents of our K-12 school community were on display for all who attended this annual celebration. All of this was possible due to our students, families and the collaborative energy of teachers Pieter Voorhees, Jillian Fletcher, Jeffrey DuPont, Craig McGorry and the NEST+m PTA. Here are some photos from the event.
As I listened to and watched our students on stage, I reflected upon the ways in which NEST+m’s commitment to Intellectualism, Inclusivity, Collaboration and Exploration were exhibited throughout the evening. Whether performing solo or within an ensemble, each of our performers demonstrated their capacity for empathy and artistry.
To see an even wider range of our students’ talents on display, please join us on Wednesday May 23, 2018, for our end-of-year Curriculum Showcase. Details below.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication,
- May 15th at 4:00pm – SLT Meeting
- May 16th, all day – Middle Grades Exploration Day field trips
- May 17th, 8:30am – PTA Meeting and Election
- Upper Grades Regents Field Testing, Week of May 21st
- NEST+m’s 2nd Annual Curriculum Showcase – featuring K-5 Science Fair, Curricular Highlights from across Grades 6-12 and Upper Grades Spring Music Concert – will take place May 23rd, 4:00pm to 7:00pm.
- The 4th Grade Science Performance Task is Tuesday, May 29th.
- Middle and Upper Grade Orientation events will be held on Wednesday, May 30 from 5:15pm – 7:30pm! Incoming and continuing families are encouraged to attend; more details forthcoming!
- The 4th Grade Science Written Test is Monday, June 4th.
Manhattan Youth Downtown Day Camp in Tribeca is Now Interviewing 17 and 18 year olds!
Apply to be a Camp Counselor! Applications available via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org