Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
Here we are, in the final 11 days of our school year!
Tomorrow Monday June 11th is a K-8 clerical day; no Lower or Middle Grade students attend school.
It is also the final day of instruction prior to Regents Week for Upper Grades students.
- Thank you Custodian Engineer Stephen Marinaro for leading NEST+m’s 5th grade scientists for a tour of our school’s rooftop Solar Panels.
- Thank you to 6th grade teacher Jillian Fletcher and our 6th grade actors for creating and performing last week’s original plays!
- Congratulations to Pieter Voorhees and Craig McGorry for leading our Middle Grades and Upper Grades Musicians to Silver and Gold Awards at this past week’s NYSSMA: in specific, NEST+m’s Upper Grades Jazz Band received a Gold Rating, Leve IV. Our Middle Grades Advanced Band and Jazz Band scored a silver Medal.
- Last Tuesday was NEST+m’s 12th grade Prom; this past weekend our 12th graders and dedicated teacher chaperones took to the Catskills for a celebratory trip to the Frost Valley YMCA.
- In alignment with DOE policy, each month our administrative team conducts a monthly safety meeting which is attended by our administrative team, School Safety Agents, Custodian Engineer and PTA Co-President(s). Parents are welcome to attend tomorrow’s June safety meeting, 8:45am in the Cafeteria.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication,
Our Week Ahead
Monday June 11
June Monthly Safety Meeting open to parents, 8:45am in the Cafeteria
- K-8 Clerical Day – no LG or MG students in attendance
- 9-12 Final Day of Instruction: Students should return all school-issued books and supplies except those still being used for Regents Prep.
- PSAL End of Year BBQ
Tuesday June 12
- Upper Grades Regents Week Formally Begins
Wednesday June 13
- Regents Testing
- Orientation for incoming K-2 families.
Thursday June 14
- Regents Testing
- Kindergarten Concert
- 5th Grade Concert and Art Show
- College Financial Aid Presentation
- 4pm: SLT Meeting in Library
Friday June 15:
- Schools Closed Eid al-Fitr