Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
Hoping you have had a meaningful Veterans Day and extended weekend.
School Photo days begin tomorrow, Tuesday, November 13 and continue through Tuesday, November 20.
Please refer to this schedule to find out when your child will have their school photo taken.
- Grades K-5 will take photos with their homerooms
- Grade 6-7 will take photos with their homerooms
- Grade 8 will take photos with their Period 1 classes
- Grades 9 – 11 will take their photos during their English classes
- Seniors have already taken their photos
Thanksgiving Recess is coming up!
School will be closed on Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23 in celebration of the holiday. Please note: Wednesday, November 21 is a rapid dismissal day there will be NO After3 or SONYC programs in session.
Parent Teacher Conferences are right around the corner after we return from Thanksgiving Recess.
NEST+m follows the high school schedule for these conferences; we will hold Parent Teacher conferences on Thursday November 29th from 4:45pm – 7:45 pm and on Friday, November 30th from 12:40pm – 2:40pm.
Please note the following important details:
- On Friday, November 30, all students will be dismissed at 11:30am. DOE and private buses will leave school after the 11:30am dismissal – please make schedule adjustments accordingly. Transportation questions for DOE buses should be directed to Marcy Duran at MDuran22@schools.nyc.gov. Private bus questions should be directed to your parent bus coordinator.
- Both days will be rapid dismissal days and NO After3 or SONYC programs will be in session.
- The PTA will post Parent Teacher Conference Sign-Up sheets on Friday, November 16 at 10:00am. You can visit this page of the PTA website to sign up for a conference time for your child. Questions about the sign-up sheets? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
- Term 1 Marking Period 1 ends on Wednesday November 14th.
- PTA Meeting: Thursday, November 15 at 8:30am in the Cafeteria.
- SLT Meeting: Tuesday, November 20 at 4:10pm in the Library.
- Thanksgiving Break: Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23 – school closed. Wednesday, November 21 is a rapid dismissal day (no After3 or SONYC programs in session)
- Lower Grade Principal’s Coffee: Tuesday, November 27 at 8:30am
- Middle Grade Principal’s Coffee: Wednesday, November 28 at 8:30am
- Upper Grade Principal’s Coffee: Friday, November 30 at 8:30am
- Parent Teacher Conferences:
– Thursday November 29th – 4:45pm – 7:45 pm – Rapid dismissal, no After3 or SONYC programs in session
– Friday November 30th – 12:40pm – 2:40pm – dismissal at 11:30am; no After3 or SONYC programs in session