Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
This is our week! Five focused days of teaching and learning for each of our students, each of our classes and each other.
Thank you to all of the K-5 families who have been on site during our recent celebrations.
Lower Grades Celebrations continue this week with 3rd Grade Family Thursday from 8:30-9:15am, and 4th & 5th Grade Family Friday from 8:30-9:15am.
On Friday, Upper Grades Students engage in our Fall Semester “NEXPO” a student-to-student exposition where students will select one high-quality creation – a work product from their first months of school that they are particularly proud – and share it with classmates and students from other grades. It will be a student-to-student celebration of learning. Our Middle Grades’ Mid-year NEXPO will take place (for students only) in January 2019.
We will have a rapid dismissal on Friday December 21, 2018: all after-school activities are cancelled.
It is NEST+m policy that students should not receive homework over vacation.
We hope that you and yours have a meaningful vacation, a well-deserved rest and a Happy New Year.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
- SLT Meeting: Tuesday, December 18, at 4:10pm in the Library
- Grade 3 Family Thursday: Thursday, December 20 at 8:30 – 9:15am
- Grade 4-5 Family Friday: Friday, December 21 at 8:30-9:15am
- Rapid Dismissal: Friday, December 21 at 2:40pm; no After3, SONYC or BOKS programs in session
- Winter Recess: December 24 – January 1, return to school on January 2nd, 2019
Important notes about our 2018-2019 📅School Calendar📅
- In January Regents exam week, Upper Grades students will not report to school unless they are scheduled to take a January Regents exam. Students should see their Guidance Counselor for questions about January Regents exams.
- The June Regents exam testing schedule is very late this year; some 8th grade students and Upper Grade students are going to have Regents exams during the last week of school. 12th grade and 8th grade graduation ceremonies are going to be on June 26th, the very last day of school! Please keep this schedule in mind as you make your family’s summer plans.