Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
This past Friday, during the Department of Education’s College Awareness Day, NEST+m teachers and faculty from across our K-12 school community took deliberate steps to celebrate and promote students’ college awareness.
Though this is a regular focus within NEST+m, many teachers and faculty wore “school spirit wear” from a favorite college or their alma mater. For Upper Grades Students, the college office featured visiting alumni who were on site to talk about their transition from NEST+m and academic experiences during the most-recent semester.
Families: as you plan ahead for the February vacation and Spring Break, please consider visiting one or more of the many colleges and universities located within NYC and the New York Metropolitan area.
Upper Grades Families: Please note, NEST+m’s Annual College Fair will be taking place on site in early April. Additional details forthcoming.
- Upper Grades Winter Concert: Thursday, January 17th at 6:00pm
- K-2 Family Friday: Friday, January 18th at 8:30am
- End of Semester 1 (for students in Grades 6-12): Friday, January 18th
- Martin Luther King Day: School is closed on Monday, January 21st.
- Middle Grades Principal’s Coffee: Wednesday, January 23rd at 8:30am in the Cafeteria
- Lower Grades Principal’s Coffee: Thursday, January 24th at 8:30am
- Middle Grades Winter Concert: Thursday, January 24th at 6:00pm in the Auditorium
- Upper Grades Principal’s Coffee: Friday, January 25th at 8:30am in the Cafeteria
- Regents Exam Week for Upper Grades: January 22-25, Upper Grades students only report to school if they are scheduled to take a Regents exam.
- 4-5 Grade Family Friday: Friday, January 25th at 8:30am
- Chancellor’s Conference Day: Monday, January 28th: No school for Upper Grades students.
- 3rd Grade “Family Friday”/Native American Celebration: Wednesday, February 13th, 8:30am-9:15am
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
Important notes about our 2018-2019 📅School Calendar📅
- During January Regents exam week January 22-25, 2019, Upper Grades students will not report to school unless they are scheduled to take a January Regents exam. Students should see their Guidance Counselor for questions about January Regents exams.
- In addition, please note: Upper Grades students do not attend school on Monday, January 28. It is a Chancellor’s Conference Day.
- The June Regents exam testing schedule (June 18-25, 2019) is very late this year; some 8th grade students and Upper Grade students are going to have Regents exams during the last week of school. 12th grade and 8th grade graduation ceremonies are going to be on June 26th, the very last day of school! Please keep this schedule in mind as you make your family’s summer plans.