Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
As we enter the final days of January 2019, thank you families for your partnership and presence throughout this month.
- Thank you for joining our recent Family Fridays for students in Grades K-2 & 4-5.
- Thank you for joining our Middle Grades & Upper Grades Winter Concerts.
- Thank you for joining our K-8 Principal’s Coffees.
We look forward to meeting with Upper Grades Families this Friday, February 1, for our next Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am.
Meanwhile, please note:
- Tomorrow, Monday January 28th, Middle Grades students will engage in our Mid-year “NEXPO,” a celebration of students’ learning and community.
- Upper Grades Students return to school for the start of Semester 2 on Tuesday January 29th.
- Middle Grades students perform Fame Jr. this Thursday, January 31 & Friday February 1.
- NEST+m’s K-12 Sustainability Committee has produced this month’s important Sustainability Newsletter.
Finally, please see this recent opinion piece by New York Times Columnist David Brooks, who writes, “Students Learn from People they Love.” It is a great message that aligns with our commitment to ensuring that every NEST+m student, teacher and faculty member feels known, cared for and valued.
Together we create NEST+m each day.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
Important notes about our 2018-2019 📅School Calendar📅
- During January Regents exam week January 22-25, 2019, Upper Grades students will not report to school unless they are scheduled to take a January Regents exam. Students should see their Guidance Counselor for questions about January Regents exams.
- In addition, please note: Upper Grades students do not attend school on Monday, January 28. It is a Chancellor’s Conference Day.
- The June Regents exam testing schedule (June 18-25, 2019) is very late this year; some 8th grade students and Upper Grade students are going to have Regents exams during the last week of school. 12th grade and 8th grade graduation ceremonies are going to be on June 26th, the very last day of school! Please keep this schedule in mind as you make your family’s summer plans.