February 4, 2019
Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
Congratulations to our Middle Grades students who put on two fantastic performances of Fame, Jr. on Thursday and Friday evening last week!
February provides us with a range of opportunities to celebrate the diversity of NEST+m’s teachers, students and families.
Thank you to the members of NEST+m’s Black History Month Planning Committee who have coordinated a range of programs articulated on this calendar.
To all who will be celebrating the Lunar New Year: Happy New Year! The Lunar New Year is celebrated throughout New York City’s boroughs. As the prior link details, the Lunar Calendar is used to identify holidays within Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tibetan and other cultural communities. Our in-school Lunar New Year Celebration will happen tomorrow; don’t forget to send in your child with a few dollars to purchase dumplings and almond cookies in the Cafeteria! If you can lend a hand, the planning committee is still looking for a few volunteers.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
Coming Up Soon
- Lunar New Year Celebration: Monday, February 4th
- Lunar New Year Holiday: Tuesday, February 5th – School closed
- MG Exploration Day: Wednesday, February 6th
- PTA Skating Party: Saturday, February 9th
- 3rd Grade “Family Friday”/Native American Celebration: Wednesday, February 13th, 8:30am-9:15am
- Town Hall: Wednesday, February 13th at 5:45pm; submit your questions HERE
- Rapid Dismissal: Friday, February 15 – no afterschool programs in session, Mid-Winter break begins.
- Mid-Winter Break: Friday, February 15 – 24, students return to school on Monday, February 25.
Important notes about our 2018-2019 📅School Calendar📅