February 11, 2019
Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
This is Respect for All Week, an annual tradition throughout NYC Schools that enables each of us to reinforce our personal commitment—verbally articulated, or expressed in writing—that every student & faculty member is important, known, valued and cared for. We also believe that every student deserves to be “treated with respect, and that bullying, harassment, intimidation, and discrimination have no place in our school community.”
As we enter this five-day instructional week prior to MidWinter Recess, please join us by messaging your commitment to:
- Respect for All
- Celebrating the diversity of our students’ lives
- Creating learning experiences that focus on preventing bias-based harassment, intimidation and/or bullying.
Please see the attached letter regarding the DOE’s Respect for All Week. It has previously been distributed by NEST+m’s Parent Coordinator.
Should you have any questions, please be in touch with your child’s guidance counselor.
Finally, please join us on Wednesday February 13th at 6pm for our mid-year PTA Town Hall & public safety meeting.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
Coming Up Soon
- Respect for All Week: Monday, February 11 – Friday, February 15
- Parent Presentation on Executive Function & Study Skills by Thinking Caps, sponsored by the Whole Child Committee: Monday, February 11 at 8:30am in the Cafeteria
- 3rd Grade “Family Friday”/Native American Celebration: Wednesday, February 13th, 8:30am-9:15am
- Town Hall: Wednesday, February 13th at 5:45pm; submit your questions HERE
- PTA Valentine’s Bake Sale: Thursday, February 14;
LEARN MORE or Sign up to VOLUNTEER
- Rapid Dismissal: Friday, February 15 – no afterschool programs in session, Mid-Winter break begins.
- Mid-Winter Break: Monday, February 18 – Friday, February 22; students return to school on Monday, February 25.
Important notes about our 2018-2019 📅School Calendar📅