April 7, 2019
Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
This week, over three nights from Wednesday through Friday, Upper Grades Teacher Willi Yusah and our Upper Grades Theatre students will be staging The Laramie Project in the NEST+m auditorium.
Though this performance is geared for an audience of students and families from our Upper Grades, as with all of our public exhibitions of student work, it means so much when we have a wide range of audience members from across our K-12 school community.
Should you not be aware, The Laramie Project was crafted based upon interviews with the people of Laramie Wyoming in the months following the 1998 murder of gay University of Wyoming student Matthew Shepard.
Twenty-one years later, as widely publicized this past Fall, Shepard’s remains were interred in the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C.
This play will be performed as both a work of theatre and as a call to action.
While the NEST+m community is centered upon our commitment to developing students’ academic skills and intellectual capacities, we are equally committed to valuing the strength of our city and school’s diversity.
It is through collaboration and exploration that we develop the skills and capacity to value multiple perspectives, to celebrate each other as we are, and to proactively confront homophobia and bias.
Together we create NEST+m each day.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
School Survey: Your voice matters. Your feedback matters.
We’re now at 55% – let’s get to 80%!
For more information, please VISIT THIS LINK
Tips to get it done online:
- You can look up your code once you select your language preference
- Enter “New Explorations Into Science Technology and Math” not NEST+m
- Child’s birth date must be entered in this format: 00/00/0000
- Only 1 survey is needed per household, so if you have siblings just use the code for the eldest child
- If you have child(ren) at another school you will need to do 1 survey for each school
- Take 10 minutes and PLEASE fill out your survey TODAY!
Having trouble? Email email@example.com for help.
- Upper Grades Play – Laramie Project: performances Wednesday, April 10th at 4:30pm, Thursday, April 11th at 6:00pm, Friday, April 12th at 6:00pm BUY TICKETS This spellbinding play, directed by Mr. Yusah, is suitable for adults and students in grades 6-12.
- NEST+m College Fair: Thursday, April 11th 2:30pm in the Cafeteria
- NEST+m CS50 Hackathon: Saturday, April 13th, 10:00am – 3:00pm in the Library. MORE INFO HERE
- Rapid dismissal: Thursday, April 18th 2:40pm – no After3 or SONYC in session
- Spring Break: School closed April 19th – April 26th; return to school Monday, April 29th
- Multicultural Day & Nations of NEST+m International Festival: Wednesday, April 17th MORE INFO
- Grades 3-7 Math State Tests: Wednesday, May 1st – Friday, May 3rd
- NExpo K-12 Curriculum Showcase: Wednesday, May 15th 4:45pm-7:45pm (details forthcoming)
- PTA Earth Fair: Saturday, May 18th 12:00-4:00pm
- Grades 3-7 Math State Tests: Wednesday, May 1st – Thursday, May 2nd MORE INFO
Important notes about our 2018-2019 📅School Calendar📅