April 14, 2019
Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
This week we enter the four-day instructional period prior to Spring Recess.
As a reminder: it is NEST+m policy for students to have a homework-free vacation. We hope you have a wonderful vacation.
Congratulations and Thank You to:
- Our 3rd grade Students: Friday’s Alvin Ailey Dance Performance was beautiful and inspiring—a reminder of the power of collaboration, dance and responsible risk-taking!
- College Counselor Nancy Alba and all who helped to coordinate and attend this past week’s annual College Fair.
- Computer Science Teacher Margaret Tanzosh and the 40+ students who attended NEST+m’s onsite CS50 Hackathon with Harvard Professor David J. Malan
- Mr. Willi Yusah and the entire cast and crew of The Laramie Project for three extraordinary performances.
Together we create NEST+m each day.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
- School Leadership Team: Tuesday, April 16th, 4:10pm to 5:40pm in the NEST+m Library.
- Rapid dismissal: Thursday, April 18th 2:40pm – no After3 or SONYC in session
- Multicultural Day & Nations of NEST+m International Festival: Wednesday, April 17th MORE INFO. Students are welcome to dress in attire representing their culture or tradition.
- Spring Break: School closed April 19th – April 26th; return to school Monday, April 29th
- Grades 3-7 Math State Tests: Wednesday, May 1st – Thursday, May 2nd MORE INFO
- NEST+m PTA Annual Auction and Gala Benefit: Friday, May 10th (save the date; info forthcoming!)
- NExpo K-12 Curriculum Showcase: Wednesday, May 15th 4:45pm-7:45pm (details forthcoming)
- PTA Eco Fest Fair: Saturday, May 18th 12:00-4:00pm
- Middle Grades Spring Concert: Thursday, May 23, 6:00-8:00pm
Important notes about our 2018-2019 📅School Calendar📅