June 10, 2019
Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
This weekend I had the opportunity to join our 12th grade end-of-the year trip to the Frost Valley YMCA.
In the beauty of the Catskill Mountains I was reminded that each day creates the possibility of learning new or differently.
I am so proud of our students and our school community.
As we enter this final phase of our school year, it is our shared responsibility to ensure a strong finish for every student. Please be in touch with your child’s teachers if you have any questions regarding your child’s academic performance and or social-emotional wellbeing at school.
Together we create NEST+m each day.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
- Clerical Day: Tuesday, June 11th: No School for LG and MG students; UG students attend school
- Upper Grades Orientation: Tuesday, June 11th at 5:30pm
- 5th Grade Music Concert: Wednesday, June 12 at8:30am (families, note the new 8:30am start time!)
- Incoming K Orientation: Wednesday, June 12 at 9:00am-10:45am (note new date/time!)
- High School Admissions Talk for 7th Grade Families: Wednesday, June 12th 5:30pm in the Auditorium
- Middle Grades Orientation: Wednesday, June 12 at 5:30pm in the Cafeteria
- Upper Grades locker clean out: June 13-17 MORE INFO
- 1st Grade Music Concert: Thursday, June 13 at 8:40am
- K Music Concert: Friday, June 14th at 8:40am
- 2nd Grade Music Concert: Monday, June 17th at 8:40am
- LOTE Exam for Upper Grade Students: Monday, June 17th. This is the last regular day of instruction for all Upper Grades students. Students taking the LOTE will NOT be dismissed after the exam. MORE INFO
- 3rd Grade Music Concert: Tuesday, June 18th at 8:40am
- Regents Exam Week: June 18-25
-Upper Grades students only attend to take exams.
-8th grade students attend school during Regents week! On exam days 6/18, 6/19, 6/24 they report to school 30 mins before exams and leave school afterwards. 6/20, 6/21 and 6/25 are regular school days for 8th grade. MORE INFO
- SLT Meeting: Tuesday, June 18th at 4:10pm in the Library
- 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony: Wednesday, June 19th in the Auditorium
- PTA Meeting: Thursday, June 20th at 8:30am in the Cafeteria
- 8th Grade Cruise: Thursday June 20th MORE INFO
- 4th Grade Music Concert: Friday, June 21st at 8:40am
- 8th Grade Field Day: Friday, June 21st
- 12th Grade Graduation: Wednesday, June 26th, 9:00-11:00am at Cooper Union Great Hall; 12th grade students report directly to the venue, no need to report to school on this day
- 8th Grade Graduation: Wednesday, June 26th, 12:30-2:00pm, Cooper Union Great Hall; 8th grade students report directly to the venue, no need to report to school on this day
- Last Day of School: Wednesday, June 26th. All students in K-5, 6-7, and 9-11 report to school and are dismissed at 11:30am.
Important notes about our 2018-2019 📅School Calendar📅