Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
As you’ve likely heard through various media, last week the Department of Education announced that students in Grades 6-12, with signed parental permission, will be allowed to walk out of schools on Friday September 20th to participate in the National Walkout to demand action against climate change.
We are awaiting additional guidance from DOE Central which will be shared as soon as it is received.
In addition, we hope to see you at one or more of the following school-based meetings:
- Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am to 9:30am in the NEST+m Café
- Upper Grades, Tuesday 9/17
- Lower Grades, Thursday 9/19
- Middle Grades, Friday 9/20
- School Leadership Team, Tuesday 9/24, 4:10pm in the NEST+m Library (please note the new date!)
Finally: each year DOE schools are required to complete a series of Safety Drills in alignment with the “General Response Protocol.”
I will be talking about campus Safety at the start of the PTA meeting, this Thursday evening. For more information about the General Response Protocol, please see the Emergency Readiness Tab on the NYC DOE website.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication,
Coming Up This Week
- New to 7th Grade Parent/Guardian Orientation: Monday, September 16, 8:30 – 9:30am in the Cafeteria. (This event is for 7th grade families who are new to NEST+m this year).
- School Leadership Team (SLT) Meeting: Tuesday 9/17, 4:10pm in the NEST+m Library
- UG Principal Coffee: Tuesday, September 17, 8:30 – 9:30am
- LG Principal Coffee: Thursday, September 19, 8:30 – 9:30am
- Volunteer Fair/PTA Meeting: Thursday, September 19. Volunteer Fair 5:30-6:30pm, then PTA meeting 6:30-8:30pm in the Auditorium.
- Senior Photos: Thursday, September 19 & Friday, September 20. Questions? Email Student Activities Coordinator, Ms Thompson at KThompson31@schools.nyc.gov.
- MG Principal Coffee: Friday, September 20, 8:30 – 9:30am
Save the Date
- PTA Back to School Bash (for Grown Ups Only!): Saturday, September 21, 5:30-9:00pm
- Upper Grades CLUB FAIR: Wednesday, September 25, 2:45 – 3:45pm in the Courtyard
- K-12 Curriculum Night: Thursday, September 26: Please join us from 4:45-7:45pm! More details are forthcoming.
- Monday, September 30 & Tuesday, October 1: School is closed for Rosh Hashanah