Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
We hope you’ve had a meaningful Thanksgiving Weekend.
Good news: the deadline for families to complete middle school and high school applications has been extended to Friday, December 6. Whether (or not) your child is planning to stay at NEST+m for Middle School or High School, all 5th grade and 8th grade families are expected to complete their online application through “MySchools”.
This Tuesday, December 3, we hope that you will be able to join us during our K-12 Principal’s Coffee, 8:30am to 9:30am in the NEST+m Cafe for our special presentation on Vaping by Dr. Debra Friedman. Please note, this is the only Principal’s Coffee this month and all K-12 families are welcome to attend!
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication,
National Honor Society
On Monday, November 25th, 78 NEST+m students were inducted into the National Honor Society in a ceremony in the Auditorium. Congratulations to our new inductees!
- K-12 Principal’s Coffee/Parent Presentation: Tuesday, December 3rd 8:30am-9:30am. Dr. Debra Friedman will talk about the health concerns of Vaping. All families are welcome! (Please note: there are no other Coffees scheduled this week.)
- PTA Gala Committee Meeting: December 4 at 8:30am, location TBD. Get involved in planning the biggest fundraiser for our school!
- Grades K-3 Family Friday: Friday, December 6, 8:30am-9:15am (Note the new date for Grade 3!)
- Whole Child Harry Potter Movie Night: Friday, December 6, 5-7pm. Wear your costume!
- Grades 4-5 Family “Friday”: Thursday, December 12 at 8:30am-9:15am
- SLT Meeting: Tuesday, December 17 at 4:10pm in the Library
- Rapid Dismissal at 2:40pm: Friday, December 20 – NO afterschool programs in session.
- ❄️Winter Recess❄️: Monday, December 23 – Wednesday, January 1. Return to school on Thursday, January 2.
Save the Date
- 9th Grade Potluck: Friday, January 3, 7-9pm. Save the date – more info coming soon!
- Sign up for Photo Re-take or Make-up: Deadline to sign up is January 10 on Cool for School website
- Photo re-take day: January 17
- Regents Exam Week: Regents week is January 21-24. There is NO SCHOOL for Upper Grades students, unless they are taking Regents exams. See more information about Regents below.
- January Clerical Day: Monday, January 27: NO SCHOOL for grades 6-12; Grades K-5 attend school.
- Parent Presentation on Implicit Bias: Tuesday, February 11 at 5:30pm-7:00pm
One can have it and not even know it: Implicit bias lives in surprising places! Check out these informative articles and save the date for our thought-provoking presentation right here at NEST+m by Karen Scher of Facing History & Ourselves–Mark your calendars!
- What is implicit bias?
- Peanut butter & jelly and racism