December 29, 2019
Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
We hope you are having a joyful winter break as we prepare for the New Year.
This week schools are closed Monday through Wednesday.
We wish you and yours a very Happy New Year’s celebration.
See you Thursday!
For students in Grades 6-12, Thursday, January 2nd will be an A Day. Please refer to the A/B Calendar on nestmk12.net.
Our Week Ahead
- ❄️Winter Recess ❄️: Monday, December 23 – Wednesday, January 1. Return to school on Thursday, January 2, 2020.
- Monday December 30, 2019: School Closed, Winter Recess
- Tuesday December 31, 2019: School Closed, Winter Recess
- Wednesday January 1, 2020: School Closed, Winter Recess
- Thursday January 2, 2020: School Open; regular instructional day
- Friday January 3, 2020: School Open; regular instructional day
- 9th Grade Potluck: Friday, January 3, 7-9pm. Save the date – more info coming soon!
- ➡️Mindful Parenting Workshop: By Melissa Chen, sponsored by PTA Whole Child Committee, Tuesday, January 7, 8:30-9:30am
- 10th Grade Potluck: Tuesday, January 7, 6:30-9:30pm. More info coming soon!
- ➡️Parent Presentation: Thursday, January 9th 5:00-6:30pm, NEST+m Auditorium: A Father’s Hard-Earned Lessons about Cyberbullying and Suicide, Presented by John P. Halligan, Author and Motivational Speaker; all are welcome!
- Sign up for Photo Re-take: Deadline to sign up is January 10 on Cool for School website
- NYC College Awareness Day: Friday, January 10. Follow events at #CollegeAwarenessDay #CollegeAccessforAll
- 6th Grade potluck: Save the date: Thursday, 16th January, 6-9 pm at Poco. Let’s celebrate the new year together with a drink, a bite and a hang. Stay tuned for more details.
- Faculty & Staff Talent Show: Thursday, January 16, 3:30-5:30pm in the Auditorium. Sponsored by the BSU – All are welcome!
- Photo re-take day: January 17
- Middle Grades Art & Music Festival: Thursday, January 23 Art Show @5:00pm, music concert at 6:00pm
- Regents Exam Week: Regents week is January 21-24. There is NO SCHOOL for Upper Grades students, unless they are taking Regents exams. Students should see their Guidance Counselor if they are not sure of their Regents Exam status.
- UPDATE: January Clerical Day: Monday, January 27: NO SCHOOL for Grades 6-12; Grades K-5 attend school.
- PTA Online Auction: Opens February 2!
- ➡️Parent Presentation on Implicit Bias: Tuesday, February 11 at 5:30pm-7:00pm
- One can have it and not even know it: Implicit bias lives in surprising places! Check out these informative articles and save the date for our thought-provoking presentation right here at NEST+m by Karen Scher of Facing History & Ourselves–Mark your calendars!
- What is implicit bias?
- Peanut butter & jelly and racism