Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
Happy New Year to all who are celebrating the Lunar New Year!
Please join me in welcoming Sabrina Robin who will be joining the NEST+m community, starting tomorrow, as Assistant Principal (IA) within our Middle Grades. Ms. Robin’s DOE email is SFord6@schools.nyc.gov
As previously announced, tomorrow is our Grades 6-12 clerical day. On Tuesday, we launch Semester Two for students in Grades 6-12.
We look forward to seeing Grades 3-5 families for this week’s Family Friday.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
Save the Date
➡️ Parent Presentation on Implicit Bias: Tuesday, February 11 at 5:30pm-7:00pm One can have it and not even know it: Implicit bias lives in surprising places! Check out these informative articles and save the date for our thought-provoking presentation right here at NEST+m by Karen Scher of Facing History & Ourselves–Mark your calendars! RSVP • SEE FLYER
- January Clerical Day: Monday, January 27: NO SCHOOL for students in Grades 6-12; Grades 1-5 attend school as usual.
- Whole Child Committee Meeting: Monday, January 27 at 8:30am
- Spring Term begins: Tuesday, January 28
- Spring Track Info Meeting for MG Students: January 28 at 7:45am in Room 329.
- Lunar New Year Celebration: Thursday, January 30
- Middle Grades SONYC Program performs The Addams Family: January 30 & 31 GET TICKETS
- PTA Online Auction: February 2-9
- PTA Workshop: Navigating the High School Application Process: Monday February 3, 8:30-10:00
- PTA Ice Skating Fundraiser: February 8, 2:00-5:00pm BUY TICKETS
- NEST+m Chess Tournament: February 9 LEARN MORE
Coming Up Soon
- 10th Grade Parents College Workshop: Thursday, February 13 8:30-10:00am (email sent from Ms Alba via Pupilpath)
- ♡ PTA Valentine’s Day Bake sale ♡: Friday, February 14
- RAPID DISMISSAL: no afterschool programs in session on Friday, February 14
- ❄️Mid Winter Recess❄️: School closed; February 17-21
- Puberty Information session for 5th and 6th Grade parents: February 25, 8:30-10:00am
- SLT Meeting: Tuesday, February 25 at 4:10pm in the Library
- PTA Meeting: Thursday, February 27, 8:30-10:00am
- NEST+m Career Day for Upper Grade Students: Friday, March 20th 8:30am-10am VOLUNTEER