Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
This is Respect for All Week Across NEST+m and the NYC Department of Education!
NEST+m’s teachers & faculty strive each day to ensure that every student feels valued & connected.
This week, in addition to classroom-specific practices, our K-12 guidance team will be coordinating an optional mid-year, “Pledge of Kindness,” to deepen our commitment to one another and the NEST+m community. Wednesday features “No One Eats Alone” day within the NEST+m cafeteria.
Together we create NEST+m each day.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
During last week’s Principal’s Coffees, our Lower Grades Culture Coach, Ms Ellen Sands, gave presentations about our Social Emotional learning processes. Please visit our school website to access the presentation and resources online. Learn all about the mood meter and meta-moments!
➡️ Parent Presentation on Implicit Bias: Tuesday, February 11 at 5:30pm-7:00pm One can have it and not even know it: Implicit bias lives in surprising places! Check out these informative articles and save the date for our thought-provoking presentation right here at NEST+m by Karen Scher of Facing History & Ourselves–Mark your calendars! RSVP • SEE FLYER
- What is implicit bias?
- Peanut butter & jelly and racism
- 10th Grade Parents College Workshop: Thursday, February 13: morning 8:30-10:00am and afternoon 4:00-5:30pm (email sent from Ms Alba via Pupilpath)
- ♡ PTA Valentine’s Day Bakesale ♡: Friday, February 14. Bake or buy treats to be sold, and send in a few dollars for your child to purchase treats!
- RAPID DISMISSAL: no afterschool programs in session on Friday, February 14
- ❄️Mid Winter Recess❄️: School closed; February 17-21. Return to school on February 24.
- Puberty & Sexuality Information session for 5th and 6th Grade parents: February 25, 8:30-10:00am
- SLT Meeting: Tuesday, February 25 at 4:10pm in the Library
- PTA Meeting: Thursday, February 27, 8:30-10:00am
Save the Date
- NEST+m Career Day for Students: Friday, March 20th 8:30am-10am VOLUNTEER