Dear NEST+m Students and Families,
Welcome to March!
I love March.
It generates and often requires a renewed commitment from each of us:
- A commitment to Optimism: Our classmates & community feed off of our energy!
- A commitment to Collaboration: Learning from & with each other
- A commitment to Inclusivity: Developing empathy through understanding
- A commitment to Exploration, as in developing and exploring our Emotional Intelligence: Self Awareness, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills, Decision Making
- A commitment to our Theory of Action:
- Developing students’ purposeful reading, writing & vocabulary skills within every lesson
- Creating culturally responsive classrooms that enable us to know every child well
- Strengthening the capacity for all students to create high level demonstrations of learning
- Closing achievement gaps
This is our focus always. But it’s especially important during the many instructional days of March.
We hope to see you at the 🎉PTA’s Gala & Auction 🎉 this Friday, March 6, 6:30-10:30pm at Landmark on the Park!
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
It’s School Survey time! Parents, please take 5 minutes to complete your survey either online or on paper. Let’s get to 80% participation this year! MORE INFO
- SAT School Day for Grade 11: Wednesday, March 4
- ➡️ 🎉PTA’s Gala & Auction 🎉: Friday, March 6 at Landmark on the Park MORE INFO
- PSAT School Day for Grade 10: Wednesday, March 11
- Kindergarten Music Concert: Wednesday, March 11 at 8:30am
- 1st Grade Music Concert: Thursday, March 12 at 8:30am
- 2nd Grade Music Concert: Friday, March 13 at 8:30am
- Whole Child Committee: Monday, March 16 at 8:30am
- ➡️ Parent Teacher Conferences K-12: Thursday, March 19, 4:45pm-7:45pm (sign up info is coming soon!) Rapid dismissal at 2:40pm: No afterschool programs in session.
- ➡️ Parent Teacher Conferences K-12: Friday, March 20, 12:40pm-2:40pm (sign up info is coming soon!) Half day for ALL students: Rapid dismissal at 11:30am. No afterschool programs in session. Public and private buses will leave school at 11:30am; please adjust your schedules accordingly.
- Career Day for Students: Friday, March 20th 8:30am-10am VOLUNTEER
➡️ Parent Presentation on Implicit Bias has been rescheduled for Tuesday, March 24 5:30-7:00pm SEE FLYER