Dear NEST+m Students & Families,
Thank you families for celebrating our NEST+m community at Friday’s PTA Gala and Auction!
Thank you to our Upper Grades Jazz Combo band, led by music teacher Mr. Craig McGorry & student Miles Dhalwala, for their performance at the Gala.
Congratulations to NEST+m students Andrew Li (8), Haokai Ma (8), Ryan Peng (8), Steven Lou (7), and Cyan Gupta (7) and teachers Johanna Cinquegrana & Joshua Wilson. This weekend, NEST+m became the #2 Math team in New York State at the State’s annual MathCounts Competition at RPI.
As we return to school this week, our city, state and the NYC Department of Education continue to focus on providing accurate information related to Covid-19.
These Important Precautions are located on the NYC Department of Education Homepage.
It is critical that all New Yorkers continue to practice general viral infection prevention measures including:
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve
- Wash your hands regularly
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Get your flu shot—it’s never too late
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Call your doctor and let them know your symptoms and travel history.
If you need a coronavirus test, call 844-NYC-4NYC. Cost will not be a barrier to testing and treatment in New York City.
Together we create NEST+m.
Thank you for your ongoing support and communication.
It’s School Survey time! Parents, please take 5 minutes to complete your survey either online or on paper. We are at 26%. Let’s get to 80% participation this year! MORE INFO
Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences are March 19, 4:45pm-7:45pm and March 20, 12:40pm-2:40pm. Sign up on the PTA website starting on Tuesday, March 10 at 10:00am. There are no after school programs in session both days, and Friday is a half day for all students with dismissal at 11:30am.
- Parent Workshop: Mindful Parenting: Tweens & Teens: Tuesday, March 10 at 8:30am in the Cafeteria
- Parent Teacher Conference sign-up begins: Tuesday, March 10 at 10:00am on the PTA website. (More details by email tomorrow)
- AileyDance Kids Family Fun Night: Tuesday, March 10, 5:30pm-7:00pm in the Auditorium. West African, Jazz and Hip Hop.
- PSAT School Day for Grade 10: Wednesday, March 11
- 🎼Kindergarten Music Concert: Wednesday, March 11 at 8:30am
- 🇺🇸2020 Census🇺🇸: Online census opens March 12! Visit https://my2020census.gov/
- 🎼1st Grade Music Concert: Thursday, March 12 at 8:30am
- 🎼2nd Grade Music Concert: Friday, March 13 at 8:30am
- Parent Workshop: How to Talk So Kids Will Listen: Monday, March 16 at 8:30am
- SLT Meeting: Tuesday, March 17 at 4:00pm in the Library
- PTA Meeting: Thursday, March 19 8:30-10:00am in the Cafeteria
- ➡️ Parent Teacher Conferences K-12: Thursday, March 19, 4:45pm-7:45pm. Sign up on the PTA website starting 3/10. Rapid dismissal at 2:40pm. No afterschool programs in session.
- ➡️ Parent Teacher Conferences K-12: Friday, March 20, 12:40pm-2:40pm. Sign up on the PTA website starting 3/10. Half day for ALL students: Public and private buses will leave school at 11:30am; please adjust your schedules accordingly.
- Career Day for Students: Friday, March 20th 8:30am-10am VOLUNTEER