Our Guidance Counselors work closely with our students to ensure their academic success and social-emotional well being. They help our newest students through the transition from pre-K into Kindergarten, on and up through Middle Grades and Upper Grades. They provide individual and group counseling to help all of our students with their academic, personal, social, and career development. They work with Upper Grades students to ensure they fulfill their New York State graduation requirements and take an appropriately challenging array of classes that are aligned with their post-secondary interests.
The guidance department works to support students academically, socially and emotionally, and provides an outlet for all students. To this end, NEST+m’s Guidance Team provides the following services:
- A safe space for students and staff
- Group counseling sessions
- Academic counseling and transcript review
- College counseling
- Communication with families
- Referrals to outside agencies and support for students and families
- At-risk counseling, crisis counseling, individual-mandated counseling
- Conflict mediation
- Reports of suspicion of child abuse
- Admissions liaisons, work with incoming families and applicants
The Guidance Suite is located in Room 245. Please refer to our Faculty & Staff Directory to find a list of Guidance counselors and contact information.