Created in 2001 as a public school for Gifted & Talented students, NEST+m has become one of the most dynamic, challenging, and esteemed high schools in the nation.
NEST+m is committed to providing all of its students with a rigorous curriculum that engages them in questioning, analyzing and creating meaning from the world around them. In addition to our high school curriculum that includes an extensive array of Advanced Placement classes, our students engage in college level courses through our partnership with the College Now program at Hunter College.
All NEST+m Upper Grades students are required to complete 60 hours of community service, with a minimum of 30 hours to be completed within our school community.
Since NEST+m opened in 2001, 100 percent of our graduating seniors have gone on to an institute of higher learning.
- Gregory Farrell: Supervision of English, Social Studies, World Language and Art
- Keshia Souffrant: Supervision of Math, Science, Physical Education, and Music (IA)
- Advanced Placement Coordinator : Joel Arberman
- PSAL Athletic Director: Chad Cinquegrana
- Coordinator of Student Activities (COSA): Chad Cinquegrana
- Dean of Students: Konstantin Boubev
- Library Research: Roy Whitford, LMS
- School Nurses: Amy Whitman and Jill Thompson
- Grades 9 & 10: Stephanie Glickman
- Grades 11 & 12: Katherine Silva
- College Guidance Counselor Nataliya Kisina
Special Education Student Services:
- Assistant Principal for Special Education (IA): Tessa Derfner
- School Psychologist: Dr. Sylvia Neal
- Special Education Instructional Lead: Elena Beale
- Special Education ICT Teacher: George W. Basley
- Special Education ICT Teacher: Jason Chin-Fatt
- Special Education ICT Teacher: Melinda Ho
- Speech Therapy: Chana Katz
- Occupational Therapy: Julie Varghese
- Physical Therapy: Kimberly Schnittman
- SETSS 6-12: TBD