Dear Class of 2020 Students and Families,
We are off to a great school year! As we make plans for your Senior Experiences — Prom, Senior Trip, and Commencement — we would like you to have as much information as possible. Please carefully review the following information about important senior events this year.
COMMENCEMENT Our June 2020 Graduation ceremony will be held on the evening of Thursday, June 25th from 4:00-6:00pm at the Great Hall of the Cooper Union. Each family will receive approximately 5 tickets.
PROM Prom will be held on Thursday, June 4th from 7:30pm-11:30pm at Giando on the Water in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, a beautiful outdoor location overlooking the Williamsburg Bridge. Permission slips will be sent out in the spring semester.
SENIOR TRIP Our Senior Trip to Frost Valley will take place from Friday, June 12th to Sunday, June 14th. We’ve had a ton of fun there in past years, and this year should be no exception! Permission slips will be sent home in the spring semester.
Some activities include…
• Climbing Wall • Archery • Boating, Canoeing, and Fishing • Hiking • Outdoor Skills Classes • Map and Compass Skills • Arts and Crafts • Soccer, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Rugby, and Dodgeball • Zipline, High Ropes Course • Vertical Playpen • Leap of Faith • Screen Printing • Woodshop • Ceramics • Thread Art • Cooking Class
SENIOR EXPERIENCE PAYMENTS Since there is a cost involved in all these activities, we want you to be aware of them to make it easier for you to plan ahead. We are also trying to spread out the cost throughout the year. Please note that while the senior trip and prom are optional activities, paying senior dues is not. You will not be allowed to pay for either the Trip or Prom if you haven’t already paid for your dues.
Senior Dues cover your cap and gown package, senior t-shirt, a portion of the commencement venue, your yearbook, and the Senior Breakfast, among other things. Please see below for payment details:
- Dues are $130 regular price or $70 with financial assistance. Please contact Ms. Longmuir or your guidance counselor to determine if you qualify for financial assistance.
- The payment window is from 11/12-11/22.
- You may pay in cash, check, or money order made out to NEST m.
- Please drop off payments to Julie Longmuir, our School Business Manager, during 3rd period in Room 248.
Questions? Email Ms Thompson at KThompson31@schools.nyc.gov