Virtual Orientation – please save the date!
Parents/guardians and students are invited!
- Upper Grades 9 & 10 Virtual Orientation is Wednesday, June 10 at 4:00pm; you will receive an email invitation.
- Middle Grades 6 & 7 Virtual Orientation is Tuesday, June 9 at 4:00pm; you will receive an email invitation.
- Lower Grades K-3 Virtual Orientation is: Wednesday, June 10 at 9:00am (subject to change if G&T placement letters are released later).
If your child receives an offer to attend NEST+m, you will receive an email to let you know when to begin the registration process.
Special Education If you have questions about your child’s IEP or special accommodations, please contact Assistant Principal of K-12 Special Education, Tessa Derfner, at TDerfner@schools.nyc.gov.
Step 1: Download the forms listed below and save them on your desktop.
Fill them out, and send them back to our Pupil Accounting Secretary, Eileen Braccia at EBraccia@schools,nyc.gov. You can fill out the forms electronically, save them, and send back as attachments. Or, you can print, fill out, scan or photograph, and send back as attachments.
Registration documents for ALL students (including students who are already at NEST+m moving into Middle or Upper Grades):
- Student Registration Form
- Emergency Contact “Blue Card”
- Media Consent Form
- Health Form (this must be filled out by a Doctor and can be returned in the fall)
- Family Income Inquiry Form
- Classroom Supplies Fund
- Sign up for PTA Connect
Additional REQUIRED documents for students who are new to the NYC Department of Education (coming from private schools, charter schools, out of state, etc):
- Home Language Form
- Parent/Student Ethnic Identification Form
- Housing Questionnaire
- Please also provide the documents listed on this checklist.
Step 2: If you are entering grades 6-12, you MUST complete this important survey.
You will be asked to choose course electives and language preferences which we need in order to create your class schedule. 6th graders do not have electives or language preferences, but we do need the other information. Please have your latest report card or transcript available to upload. Students entering in K-3 do NOT need to fill out this form.
Once we are back at school
All students who are new to the NYC Department of Education will have a brief language screen with a teacher to determine their English language proficiency.
Helpful links for families of accepted students
- Visit our K-5 afterschool program website
- Visit our Grade 6-8 SONYC afterschool program webpage
- Visit our PTA website to learn more about transportation to NEST+m via public or private buses.
- ASAP: Sign up for a PTA Connect account to start receiving school communications
- Learn about our K-8 Uniform Policy, Dress Code and Personal Electronics Guidelines
- Summer Reading Assignments will be posted on the website in June under your Grade Level tab