NEST+m is a New York City Department of Education citywide school for Gifted & Talented students, grades K to 12. We offer an academically challenging curriculum designed to produce young scholars who are distinguished by their intellectual capabilities, communication skills, capacity for leadership, ethical values, and readiness to contribute to the betterment of the world at large.
We are the only public Gifted & Talented school in New York City in which students can move seamlessly from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Our three grade levels—Lower (grades K–5), Middle (6–8) and Upper (9–12)—occupy their own unique space within our large, sun-filled building, but they share a single educational philosophy and a unified school spirit.
- At NEST+m, intellectualism, inclusivity, collaboration and exploration within and beyond our school community enable our students to lead lives filled with learning, discovery and purpose.
- NEST+m’s students feel valued and cared for. They develop the academic mindsets and metacognitive skills necessary for long-term learning.
- NEST+m students blossom into practitioners–scientists, mathematicians, technologists, writers, historians, musicians, painters, linguists and artists–who learn from and with each other.
ACTION REQUIRED BY AUGUST 7: DOE Learning Preference Survey Response!
The Department of Education's Learning Preference Survey is now OPEN.
Families have until August 7th to choose from two options:
- 100% Remote Learning: Opt in to have their child learn 100% remotely (all online, from home) OR
- Combination of In-Person and Remote Learning: Child can follow their school's schedule, a mix of in-person days at school and remote learning days from home
Only families opting for 100% Remote Learning need to complete this survey.
Families who chose 100% Remote Learning and submit a form but change their preference prior to August 7th, can do so by resubmitting the survey.
After August 7th, any family who chooses 100% Remote Learning will have the option to change back to Blended Learning at a few specific times during the school year.
For more information, visit https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020NEST+m
Summer Updates - 8.5.2020NEST+m
Chancellor's Update to Families - 8.3.2020
Please see the Chancellor's Letter to Families - 8.3.2020
This letter contains important updates on:
- Criteria to Open Schools and Keep them Open
- What Happens if Someone Gets Sick: New Information on COVID-19 Testing and Tracing in Schools
- Overall Health and Safety Protocols for Every School
Translated copies of the letter will be available on the Department of Education website.NEST+m
Read the Chancellor's Letter & attend the Summer Townhall on Thursday, July 30
Please read an important Letter from Chancellor Carranza which describes the fall reopening plans and helps explain the remote and blended learning choices on the DOE Learning Preference Survey. You can also see this letter on the DOE website. Translated copies of this letter are available on the DOE website.
July 30, 2020
Please join us for the Summer Townhall on Thursday, July 30!
Please use this form to submit any questions you may have, in advance of the meetings. The Q&A sessions will be recorded and shared so that those who cannot attend are still able to access the information.
Joining information on Thursday, July 30th:
Upper Grades - 11:00am - 12 noon
- Meeting ID: meet.google.com/hcc-dypt-jdv (you can join Google Meet without a Google account)
- Phone Numbers: (US)+1 405-586-8102 PIN: 880 074 834#
- Live stream: stream.meet.google.com/stream/0099c52a-1268-4eb0-9507-0ebaf2f149e0 (For the livestream, log in with your student's nestmk12.net email)
Middle Grades - 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Meeting ID: meet.google.com/qjq-vpab-euh (you can join Google Meet without a Google account)
- Phone Numbers: (US)+1 718-267-6432 PIN: 446 536 958#
- Live stream: stream.meet.google.com/stream/c98cb709-22ba-4bca-b459-8222a11515bd (For the livestream, log in with your student's nestmk12.net email)
Lower Grades - 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Meeting ID: meet.google.com/uhh-ynco-itr (you can join Google Meet without a Google account)
- Phone Numbers: (US)+1 434-886-0067 PIN: 682 289 831#
- Live stream: stream.meet.google.com/stream/d6c04ce2-58a9-41dd-b33e-4881af5c3ef4 (For the livestream, log in with your student's nestmk12.net email)
Summer Townhall Follow Up - 7.20.2020
Thanks to everyone for attending our townhalls today! Please see Principal Lynch's presentation of our NEST+m Fall Reopening Model.
Please see the links below to view the recordings of the three Townhalls:
Stay tuned for the next Townhall tentatively scheduled for July 30!NEST+m
Student & Family Updates - 7.15.2020
Please see the Summer Update for 7.15.202 from Principal (IA) Meaghan Lynch.
Join the NEST+m Townhall on Monday, July 20 to discuss Fall Reopening Plans.
Lower Grades 9:00 – 10:00am
- Meeting ID meet.google.com/uvg-jiko-gkm
- Phone Numbers: 786-886-2512 PIN: 251 711 091#
- Live stream: stream.meet.google.com/stream/71733323-d6da-4ff4-bb0f-0fe9bf025554
Middle Grades 11:00am – 12:00
- Meeting ID: meet.google.com/bvw-yksp-rhe
- Phone Numbers: 774-318-6198. PIN: 703 833 783#
- Live stream: stream.meet.google.com/stream/38dddabe-e995-4711-b420-c31e4745febd
Upper Grades 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Meeting ID: meet.google.com/iux-gvru-mwy
- Phone Numbers: 1 240-514-8738. PIN: 959 313 352#
- Live stream: stream.meet.google.com/stream/ec69b65c-c642-44bf-83af-e02117fa6587
Chancellor Carranza Letter to Families Regarding Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome
Please read the letter from Chancellor Carranza regarding Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome, published June 5, 2020.NEST+m
Letter to Families from Interim Acting PrincipalNEST+m