About Upper Grades Student Government
The mission of the Student Government is to serve the students, the school, and the NEST+m Upper Grades community. In order to do so, the Student Government will serve as a liaison between the students and the administration, advocating for permanent solutions to address specific student body concerns.
2020-2021 NEST+m Upper Grades Student Government Elected Members
President: Stella Fusaro ’21
Vice President: Sophie Blumstein ’21
Secretary: Musarrat Elahi ’21
12th Grade Representatives: Adam Vogel & Minla Stokes
11th Grade Representatives: Ashleigh McDermott & Leah Dratch
10th Grade Representatives: Ariel “Kove” Mekonen & Kaitlyn Huang
9th Grade Representatives: Eli Gordon & Sayma Wali
How to directly contact Student Government members
- If you have any concerns that Student Government should be aware of, email your Grade Representative through their NEST+m email address.
- If you have general suggestions to bring up to the UG Student Government, please use the Suggestion Box.
How to attend Student Government meetings
- All Student Government meetings are open to the NEST+m student body! You may attend and help out, even if you are not an elected member. Come participate in making NEST+m a better place.
- Student Government meetings are on Mondays from 4:00 PM ~ 4:45 PM. Any changes will be announced through the NEST+m Student Government Remind group. For the Zoom link, email any of the faculty advisors with your NEST+m email address.
How to stay in touch
- To get Student Government notifications (e.g. reminders of upcoming meeting days and times), join the NEST+m Student Government Remind group. Email the current Student Government President through your NEST+m email address to get the join code.
- To get school-wide notifications, including about the upcoming NEST+m Student Government elections, join the Grade-wide Remind Notification groups.
- The NEST+m UG SG Instagram account is @nestmstugov.
How to run for a Student Government role
Upper Grades Student Government Application Process
- Applications for SG Elections to fill vacant seats for the 2020-2021 school year open on Friday 10/2/2020, and close on Thursday, 10/22/2020. If you are interested in running, you must submit your Name, Grade, Recent Picture, Position you are running for, Position Statement / Speech on why you are a good fit for the position, and brief introductory video. For more information, email the Faculty Advisor of Student Government, Ms. Rebecca Gordon.
- SG Grade 9th Grade Representative: As a representative of your grade, it is your responsibility to constantly be in communication with your grade and express their overall concerns in SG meetings and meetings with administration. You must summarize the events of the meetings with admin in SG meetings.
- SG Grade 10th Grade Representative: As a representative of your grade, it is your responsibility to constantly be in communication with your grade and express their overall concerns in SG meetings and meetings with administration. You must summarize the events of the meetings with admin in SG meetings.
Student Government election process
- All candidates will be interviewed during a virtual Town Hall, hosted by the current leadership of the Student Government. More details will be posted on the NEST+m UG Student Government Instagram and through Remind.
- The Application Deadline for 10th Grade representative has been changed to this Friday (10/30).
- Voting in the NEST+m SG Elections: The voting deadline for all positions has been extended to Friday, Nov 6th.
- Only current NEST+m students in grades 9-10 can vote, and will need to submit their OSIS number for voting validation purposes only. The link will also be sent out through Remind.
- Election Results will be announced on Monday, November 9th on this NEST+m Student Government page, on the StuGov Instagram, and through Remind.
Townhalls, Speeches and the Ballot
9th Grade Town Hall will be on Friday (10/30) at 4 PM
10th Grade Town Hall will be on Monday (11/2) at 3 PM
- 9th Grade Rep Candidate Speeches
- 10th Grade Rep Candidate Speeches
- Voting ballot
How to stay in touch
- To get notifications about the upcoming NEST+m Student Government elections, join the Grade-wide Remind Notification groups. Email your ELA teacher for the Remind Code.
The NEST+m UG SG Instagram account is @nestmstugov.
How to make a suggestion
- If you have any suggestions to bring up to the Upper Grades Student Government, please use the Suggestion Box.