About Upper Grades Student Government
The mission of the Student Government is to serve the students, the school, and the NEST+m Upper Grades community. In order to do so, the Student Government will serve as a liaison between the students and the administration, advocating for permanent solutions to address specific student body concerns.
How to run for a Student Government role
Upper Grades Student Government Application Process
- Applications for SG Elections to fill vacant seats for the 2020-2021 school year open on Friday 10/2/2020, and close on Thursday, 10/22/2020. If you are interested in running, you must submit your Name, Grade, Recent Picture, Position you are running for, Position Statement / Speech on why you are a good fit for the position, and brief introductory video. For more information, email the Faculty Advisor of Student Government, Ms. Rebecca Gordon.
- SG Grade 9th Grade Representative: As a representative of your grade, it is your responsibility to constantly be in communication with your grade and express their overall concerns in SG meetings and meetings with administration. You must summarize the events of the meetings with admin in SG meetings.
- SG Grade 10th Grade Representative: As a representative of your grade, it is your responsibility to constantly be in communication with your grade and express their overall concerns in SG meetings and meetings with administration. You must summarize the events of the meetings with admin in SG meetings.
Student Government election process
- All candidates will be interviewed during a virtual Town Hall, hosted by the current leadership of the Student Government. More details will be posted on the NEST+m UG Student Government Instagram and through Remind.
- Voting in the NEST+m SG Elections will take place from Thursday 10/22/2020, and close on Thursday 10/29/2020. Only current NEST+m students in grades 9-10 can vote, and will need to submit their OSIS number for voting validation purposes only. The link will also be sent out through Remind.
- Election Results will be announced on Friday 10/30/2020 on this NEST+m Student Government page, on the StuGov Instagram, and through Remind.
How to stay in touch
- To get notifications about the upcoming NEST+m Student Government elections, join the Grade-wide Remind Notification groups. Email your ELA teacher for the Remind Code.
The NEST+m UG SG Instagram account is @nestmstugov.
How to make a suggestion
- If you have any suggestions to bring up to the Upper Grades Student Government, please use the Suggestion Box.